A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Adventure 3

Snooky

I don't think your game stands up at all well in that trailer when you put it up against the official Adventure games, and that's even though they're a decade old.
I'm not really 'putting them up against' the other Adventure games, as I already explained to someone else, I'm just saying 'this happened in 1998, this happened in 2001, and this is gonna happen in 2011.' If I could make my game look less blocky and dull, I would XP But everyone who's played it pretty much agrees it's good enough to go along with the Adventure series, especially the more recent betas and demos, which are way better than the older ones.

I don't think your game stands up at all well in that trailer when you put it up against the official Adventure games, and that's even though they're a decade old.

My problem was that more than half the trailer is old Sonic Adventure games footage. I'm actually quite surprised I didn't roll my eyes and move on. Anyway to the actual footage it looks ok certainly not the most advanced looking 3D Sonic game but its ok. I would like to see you a improve your textures though some of them look really bad. I don't understand why Sonic doesn't have a texture on him, he'd look so much better if he did.

I'm not really 'putting them up against' the other Adventure games, as I already explained to someone else, I'm just saying 'this happened in 1998, this happened in 2001, and this is gonna happen in 2011.' If I could make my game look less blocky and dull, I would XP But everyone who's played it pretty much agrees it's good enough to go along with the Adventure series, especially the more recent betas and demos, which are way better than the older ones.

I beg to differ on being enough to go with the Adventure series, you could at least make the sonic model so it doesn't look like a piece of crap. Further criticisms would be that so far the environments look rather bland and on the 'tropical' level cramped. It also appears you rely more on Sonic Adventure skills then level gimmicks, which kills verity. Snooky, you've got a long way to go form a finished 'product'.

You do have an interesting piece of work here though, which I'm sure will be awesome when it's finished.

My problem was that more than half the trailer is old Sonic Adventure games footage.
I just wanted to do something different with this trailer, instead of just showing off gameplay footage :P
I don't understand why Sonic doesn't have a texture on him, he'd look so much better if he did.
I actually added a texture before recording the footage for that trailer, it's just very bland XP
you could at least make the sonic model so it doesn't look like a piece of crap.
What's wrong with it? It's just the SADX model with the poly count cut down.
Further criticisms would be that so far the environments look rather bland and on the 'tropical' level cramped. It also appears you rely more on Sonic Adventure skills then level gimmicks, which kills verity.
I can fix all that ;P