A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Giant Centipedes: Im afraid.

Redsonic

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I liked Midi's way of thinking xD I'd do the same

Thats how you deal with ugly pests, trap it in a jar, fill it with flammables and light the thing.

It slike your knowing your banishing the demon ;)

EDIT: wow, these smilies are fantastic, makes me want to learn how to pixel-art.

I'm not watching that, I saw the giant centipede eating mouse thing, then I saw the mouse and the centipedes antenna.

No

These things arn't real.

If they are, WHY!?

I hate these things more than spiders now. It's supposed to mice eating centipedes not the other way round.

I see. Cruse you google! You've failed me!

Anyways....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camel_Spiders

I suppose this is the real deal.

I don't know if that's an argument against me, or just accepting defeat.

If it's trying to prove me wrong did you even read it?

"Solifugae are the subject of many myths and exaggerations about their size, speed, behaviour, appetite, and lethality. They are not especially large, the biggest having a legspan of perhaps 5 inches, and although they are fast on land compared to other invertebrates, the fastest can run perhaps 10 miles per hour, a common running speed for many humans. Members of this order of Arachnidae apparently have no venom and do not spin webs."

I don't know if that's an argument against me, or just accepting defeat.

If it's trying to prove me wrong did you even read it?

"Solifugae are the subject of many myths and exaggerations about their size, speed, behaviour, appetite, and lethality. They are not especially large, the biggest having a legspan of perhaps 5 inches, and although they are fast on land compared to other invertebrates, the fastest can run perhaps 10 miles per hour, a common running speed for many humans. Members of this order of Arachnidae apparently have no venom and do not spin webs."

It's wasn't against you.

Okay you are all confused. Camel Spiders are REAL. It's just the picture of the soldier holding a two foot one that is fake. Yes they are real, no they are not that big.

A regual site (as opposed to the hoax sites) says the soldier is holding two. The bottom one eating the top one. (...?)

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/camel-spider-image.html

You can pretty much tell which one is which, also noting that the soldier is holding the top one with plyers o_O

So its logical that its just two of them, many people mistakig it for one large creature

Smarty:

-Camel spiders, or wind scorpions, are not actually spiders. They are in fact Solifugids and, like spiders, they belong to the class Arachnida.

-The creatures are completely non-venomous.

-They are silent.

-They do not eat camels alive or dead. They mostly eat other arthropods.

-Some eat lizards and, possibly, birds and small mammals.

-They do run very fast for Arachnids, but certainly not as fast as 25 mph.

-Solifugids are found world wide, although they are more common in drier regions such as Iraq.

-Their bodies range in size from 25mm to 75mm in length. The outstretched leg span may reach 150mm.

Okay you are all confused. Camel Spiders are REAL. It's just the picture of the soldier holding a two foot one that is fake. Yes they are real, no they are not that big.

A regual site (as opposed to the hoax sites) says the soldier is holding two. The bottom one eating the top one. (...?)

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/camel-spider-image.html

You can pretty much tell which one is which, also noting that the soldier is holding the top one with plyers o_O

So its logical that its just two of them, many people mistakig it for one large creature

Smarty:

-Camel spiders, or wind scorpions, are not actually spiders. They are in fact Solifugids and, like spiders, they belong to the class Arachnida.

-The creatures are completely non-venomous.

-They are silent.

-They do not eat camels alive or dead. They mostly eat other arthropods.

-Some eat lizards and, possibly, birds and small mammals.

-They do run very fast for Arachnids, but certainly not as fast as 25 mph.

-Solifugids are found world wide, although they are more common in drier regions such as Iraq.

-Their bodies range in size from 25mm to 75mm in length. The outstretched leg span may reach 150mm.

That sounds like a right bitch, please tell me they don't live in the UK or US.