A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Ames' MegaDrive Music

Amesuki

Just recently I've been getting into the Mega Drive Music Scene (if there is one...). I've been learning and listening to how the MegaDrive/Genesis produces music, and how it sounds to help remix some of my music (for Mayhem2) into MegaDrive Style music.

Anyway I've got some tracks to show off, and I want people opinions, (although it isnt going to sound exactly like the genesis) but I think it sounds close enough.

My best one 'ere is Winter Limits Zone which uses PCM, 2612 and DAC just like the genesis would, where as one of the Egg Ruin (Genesis Mix one) just uses 2612 sounds. (The other ER music uses PCM, 2612 and DAC).

Lol I'll stop going on, 'eres the links to them, tell me what ye think.

Music List:

(Original)

Winter Limits Genesis Mix

Egg Ruins Genesis Mix

Test Music (first creation)

(Remixed)

Metropolis Zone Act 2

Collision Chaos Past (JAP)

(In Mp3 form)

-Amesuki

Wow, cheers for your kind comments! ^_^!

I use VOPM VSTi along with FL. (Cubase failed on me >.<).

And for the PSG I use ProtoPSG.

For the DAC, I just ripped them off a emulator. (Although the hi-hats are made using the PSG)

Btw, just something I whipped up just after posting this topic:

Metropolis Zone Act 2

I always wanted to hear an Act 2 version, so I made one quickly lol.

Btw if you want me to make like music for your games, (genesis of course) just PM me or something and we'll sort something out.

-Amesuki

Amesuki, I definitely think you have a talent for composing music. :) I really like that mix for Metropolis; sounds like something I'd want to try out if I ever used that MP3-hacking tool for Sonic 2.

Y'know, I've always had a thought of making a "Genesis edition" of Sonic 4.

If I ever want to finalize that idea, I'll definitely let you know, because I've always wondered what the music I'm using in Summer Forest - Act 1 would sound like in a Genesis game.

If you have a midi or anything I could take the notes from, (I really dont want to use my ear to get the notes. Takes too long,) I'll do it anyway =P.

Don't have to use it for your game, but if you want to see how it would sound, I'll do it for ye. =P

And thankies for your comment ^_^

-Amesuki