A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Nostalgia Critic: Sonic cartoons

Cyber Rat

A video review of the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, and Sonic SatAM:

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/4762-adventures-of-sonic-the-hedgehog

I figure I could post it here rather than in the video links thread because it is Sonic related and this is a Sonic forum, and because That Guy With The Glasses isn't your random YT star (well, not anymore).

I just watched that this afternoon. I laughed so hard at that one, especially during the segments where he made fun of the AoStH backgrounds, Scratch and Grounder, and the name "SatAM." :D

I'm quite amazed that a lot of people I know watch ThatGuyWithTheGlasses. My best friend got me into watching his videos, and then later on one of my friends appeared on an episode of Ask ThatGuy, and now people I know here at SFGHQ watch it too.

Either ThatGuy is really that popular, or I hang with a very "in" crowd.

Like I said on Sonic Retro, I don't think this guy has taken into consideration that AOSTH is aimed for much younger viewers than the ones for SATAM. He also accidentally featured the hack Sonic 2: Revamped thinking it was Sonic 2. :P

Recipe for a Nostalgia Critic:

1 cup of Angry Video Game Nerd

3 cups of Dry Humor

2 Tablespoons of Obnoxious Yelling

Add a dash of Fleeting Moments of laughter

Let sit in a pot of Bad Gags for 15 minutes

That said, it's really, really hard for me to watch the Sonic toons and not feel a little woozy.

So it's 4 cups, two Tablespoons, a dash of, and 15 minutes of Angry Video Game Nerd.