A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

meh, another puyo-puyo game

cyborg_ar

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being set at a school relates it instantly to education?

No, it's the mathematical problems that have shown up on the last two bloodied teasers of the damn game.

It looks more like a hentai sim to me.[/Quote]

What if it does turn out to be such? lol

There is no way anyone would have the audacity to use multiple countdowns to countdowns on a piece of math edutainment software. It's almost wholy unprecedented, but there was one edutainment software once upon a time that might have been able to pull it off...[/Quote]

I'm not seeing it as being any other type of game, as the recent trailers have been about nothing but math.

There is no way anyone would have the audacity to use multiple countdowns to countdowns on a piece of math edutainment software. It's almost wholy unprecedented, but there was one edutainment software once upon a time that might have been able to pull it off...

Agreed.

I'm not seeing it as being any other type of game, as the recent trailers have been about nothing but math.

Thats false on two fronts. First, there haven't been any trailers. Second, the things we have been getting haven't been about math as much as they have been about a single answer. 247. The fact that math is used is simply because they are trying to emphasize the importance of the number. Math is the only way to obscure it, so math is incidental.

And like I said, it is impossible for it to be edutainment because they are performing an obvious hype building scheme. Where is the hype? On the internet. Who is that hype targeting? Probably not the type of people who looking for something like Brain Age and probably not the type of people who are looking for something like Reader/Math Rabbit.

Stay logical.

No.[/Quote]

Oh well. Can't win 'em all. Sorry if that seemed like a retarded joke.

There haven't been any trailers

I meant teasers in that post, just forgot to hit the edit button.

EDIT: Speaking of hitting the edit button...

Now that I'm fully awake here (enjoying a warm cup of flavoured black coffee), I had done some more thinking on this, and I see your point here. Now that I think of it, It brings a question, merely of curiosity, here:

Do you ever think it's time related, Like "24th of July?" or "24/7"?

I honestly don't think it has anything to with education. Might be not even be a game. Could be an upcoming company with Sega called "Project Ringo". Could be a Billy Hatcher style game, expect you collect fruits or something.

Oh well. Can't win 'em all. Sorry if that seemed like a retarded joke.

I meant teasers in that post, just forgot to hit the edit button.

EDIT: Speaking of hitting the edit button...

Now that I'm fully awake here (enjoying a warm cup of flavoured black coffee), I had done some more thinking on this, and I see your point here. Now that I think of it, It brings a question, merely of curiosity, here:

Do you ever think it's time related, Like "24th of July?" or "24/7"?

I've already said I think its time related, but I'm also hoping they aren't retarded enough to make several teasers that are about some date and nothing else.

• 2 weeks later...

As with the mention of Puyo I become the only person here who actually cares now. I just wish they didn't have to come up with some ludicrous marketing for it. Oh well, more Puyo is always good, since its one of the few truly competitive puzzle games out there. Too bad a US release is about as likely as (insert joke about Sonic fans here)