A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

My Art >.>

Aaron C-T

Update:

Need comments on this: Lord Alavar Character Model- WIP

Stylized character modeling (nose, chin, etc), while experimenting with lighting and materials. Character from a story I plan on writing up, and possibly using to try out character animation and rigging. Comments and crits not only welcomed, but needed.

Thanks in advance.

-------------------------------------

There's already an explanation of what I was trying to do with this piece on my DeviantArt, so I'll just point out a few things that I know people will have a problem with. Namely the Vectorman model. If you don't bother reading the italics, get the heck out the topic. Last time I showed the Vectorman model a lot of people complained about how it "wasn't accurate" and Vectorman "had eyes and not a visor" despite my explanation beforehand. I'm using that same model because for what I was trying to do I was accurate, almost deadly so. This model wasn't supposed to be the way he was in Vectorman 1 or 2 alone. It was a combination of both. Most of my reference came from two 3D shots of Vectorman commissioned by Sega before they went of and totally redesigned him to look like a mech and not an orbot. Those shots can be seen here and here.

That should greatly clear things up assuming you at least clicked the bold links or read the italics. So now if you go and complain about it not being authentic, then you just look like a dumbass.

Now that that's over, I give you Vectorman: Don't Turn Back.

Comments and crits welcome, as always. And please note that there is a difference between saying the model is wrong, and saying that you'd of preferred the completely oldschool versions. I have nothing wrong with that.:)

Damn these smilies own, Zal.

Haha. I thought no one would notice. I scaled in the "Z" axis to make Vectorman tall enough to stand in the doorway. It was easier than selecting and scaling all the background objects. =P

I noticed it big time. his head almost looks like an egg.

and on the head, it seems rather big compared to the ref pic you showed.

• 2 weeks later...

Untitled- A Car in a Tunnel

I think it's pretty obvious that I suck at names here. xD This one's kind of wierd because of the tunnel/hallway/whatever's material is so reflective and blotchy, which in turn reflects upon the car. It gives the car some kind of odd look. Like one of those gel figurines. Overall I think it's decent, though.

Comments and crits. Modeled in Blender, rendered in YafRay.