A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Request - a good beginer engine

I haven't find a way to pirate Multimedia Fusion yet (the full version I downloaded is asking about some additional files), but in the meantime I have the demo, so if anyone has a simple and very easy to use engine, I'd appreciate it. (I tried using Matrixx's but it didn't work to well)

The things I'm looking for in the engine are, punching, character select, save, and hidden character support. Once again I think you for any help you have to offer, and I hope you'll see my alpha version of Wrapped In Black at SAGE, and find it enjoyable.

First of all, if the tutorials in the SFGHQ tutorials section can't set you straight, no one here will bother.

GM is all good and all, but definately not for a beginner in my perspective.

Secondly, please don't spread anything about warez here.

Well, it all depends on your mind-set. You don't have to learn the language if you want to make a game (although it helps big-time); I've gotten plenty of GM game submissions for younger kids on the SFGHQ mail-box, so if they can do it, I think anyone can.

I haven't find a way to pirate Multimedia Fusion yet

lol.

Look at stuff about static movement engines. Go ahead and get into that instead of trudging through the dreaded platform movement.

http://sfghq.emulationzone.org/tuts.php?cat=5

After you actually GRASP and UNDERSTAND the concepts of static, then you could start getting into stuff like 360 engines. Understanding the program is absolutely key.

I made a fix for the in-built platform movement once, but i daren't release it as i don't really want to be the one blamed for a huge swarm of lazy-ass-cookie-cutter noob games invade the forum, if you want it, PM me or catch me on AIM and we can discuss it, it fixes EVERYTHING in the inbuilt movement, Stopping when you land, stopping when you hit a ceiling, flying off slopes, animation glitches on slopes, everything.

I made a fix for the in-built platform movement once, but i daren't release it as i don't really want to be the one blamed for a huge swarm of lazy-ass-cookie-cutter noob games invade the forum

I don't think you'll have to worry about that considering the amount of open source static and 360 degree engines that are on the main site.

it fixes EVERYTHING in the inbuilt movement, Stopping when you land, stopping when you hit a ceiling, flying off slopes, animation glitches on slopes, everything.

Again, static engines will do the same thing >_>.