A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is incredible!

MaxSonic

So today I finally got my copy of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom for the Wii, and I must say... it was worth the import. Anyone familiar with the Capcom VS series should be able to pick this game right up and play. The characters are some of the most diverse (in gameplay) that I've seen in a very long time. The graphics on it are amazing (especially the giant characters), and rival games like SSBB and SMG on the Wii. Some of the basics have changed, like the 3 kicks and 3 punches are now 3 attacks and partner, and the final boss is a bitch from hell, but overall, this is one of the best Wii games I've played, and I would say easily bests any fighting game on any next gen console (as of now). If you own a Wii and love fighting games, order it NOW.

'sokay. It's the same game Capcom's been making for years (two characters enter, you press lots of quarter circles and hit three different buttons. Then you switch out). The only difference is now there's clunky models where the beautiful sprites used to be. This could have been on the Gamecube.

Not exactly incredible. It's fun, but it doesn't leave any impact because it's the same as any other crossover game. The fun you'll derive is dependent on how much you can give a crap about the bland anime characters (lots of people in bird suits) and how willing you are to play the same Capcom fighters you've been playing since the SNES (OH BOY RYU I WONDER WHAT HIS MOVES ARE).

It's just a warmup before Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

I still Remember when I first saw you on the forums DW. Your avatar used to be a spinning Sonic Heros Model Sonic's head that was modified to look like Shadow's head. If I remember correctly it was on a green background and had eyes that where all black. And Scatta's had that Avatar since as far back as I can remember on the forums. Its like his trademark to me now, I recognize his posts before I even see his name. Ah, you triggered a trip down memory lane with that comment DW, and I thank you.

On Topic:

I never really played any Capcom games beyond the SNES so, I have no real input. Sounds a lot like some of the reviews I read when Street Fighter tried to make its first jump to 3D.

Then would you care to explain what it is?

Fighting games aren't MASH BUTTONS AND HOPE THINGS HAPPEN like so many people try to say. There's actually a sincere ammount of balance and skill required to play them, and watching some idiot mash buttons, then watching someone who can play the games is totally different altogether.

I also don't exactly agree on the pixel art nagging because honestly, the MvC stuff was Capcom's art department being total idiots the majority of the time. (let's see how ugly and bulky we can make each and every character even though that doesn't make sense.the concept art doesn't even look the same at all, what the fuck.)

the Tatsunoko thing already got pretty much explained thanks to that wikipedia article, so that saves me some time.

Gold Lightan is awesome. :[

I disagree with this person so I will insult him! Yes!!!

I've played plenty of fighters. And this is the same game I've played before.

Never said shit about mashing buttons, sooooooooooooooooo...don't know where that whole bit of yours came from.

Actually, I picked up the combat in this game quicker than most fighters. Because I've played it before. Years ago. When it was called "Every Other Capcom Crossover Fighter Ever Made".

That's the exact title. Came out for the CD-i.

blablablabla no Samurai Pizza Cats blablablablablabla

>:|

Fighting games aren't MASH BUTTONS AND HOPE THINGS HAPPEN like so many people try to say.

Most of them are, due to bad design, and some hard decisions. If you make a game mashable, more people can play it (I play KoF Maximum Impact 2 without really knowing what I do and almost always win), if you make it require skill, less people play it (like how I can never persuade anyone to play Guilty Gear with me unless he's played it before).

Ultimately, fighting games shouldn't be mashable, and should be about balance, but then again, RPG games should offer narrative depth, and how many hack/slash/grind RPG games are being made and played these days?

Well, what I seem to like about this game is that compared to a lot of other fighting games, it seems very balanced. Compare it to Marvel VS Capcom 2, where you have some characters that can projectile spam you to death, and other characters who are just pathetic in combat. TvC seems very balanced, I don't think any of the characters are too strong or too weak.

As for graphics, MvC looked like crap for the most part. The sprites looked good on the Saturn/PS1 games, but it really can't shake a stick to Guilty Gear X, which came out on the same system as MvC2. Street Fighter 3 looked great, but eventually, most games are going to become rendered. It still plays the same as a 2d fighter, but it just has 3D cell shaded graphics.

The end result though, is that we get a good quality 2d fighting game, although the gameplay has been done before. 2D fighting games are becoming more and more rare on current gen consoles, being replaced by games like Dead or Alive and Soul Caliber. These type of games are becoming hard to find, especially on the Wii, with the only other game like it being Guilty Gear Accent Core.

Well, if the comments below the video are to believe, there is some 'mega crash' that is the equivalent of 'burst' in Guilty Gear XX (I have to pull these comparisons since I don't own a Wii). If that's true, then infinite combo my ass. You have infinite combos in GG as well (and if that game isn't balanced, then I don't know what is...), you just can't pull them off unless your opponent is idle.

Well, if the comments below the video are to believe, there is some 'mega crash' that is the equivalent of 'burst' in Guilty Gear XX (I have to pull these comparisons since I don't own a Wii). If that's true, then infinite combo my ass. You have infinite combos in GG as well (and if that game isn't balanced, then I don't know what is...), you just can't pull them off unless your opponent is idle.

Yeah I know about the mega crash. Why should I have to be forced to waste 2 meters and some health to escape an infinite combo because capcom is too lazy to test for these combos? Burst and mega crush is just a lazy way for developers to handle infinite combos.

Burst and mega crush is just a lazy way for developers to handle infinite combos.

Don't know about MC, but Burst is much more versatile than 'escape infinite combos'. As far as I saw in the video, you have to be cornered to get into that combo. You just do one mega crush and try not to get into it again. Seriously, I've seen worse stuff in fighting games, and this isn't even 'Sub-Zero' material.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-Tqm7yThFg

Oh look an ifinite combo already? Yeah real freaking balanced. That combo is so easy to do any of you guys could pull it off. I'll wait for my King of Fighters XII thanks.

There is no such thing as a balanced fighting game. You can do infinite combos in almost all fighting games. Well maybe not Mortal Kombat.