A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Dragonball Evolution

Super Napalm

Granted, I never really kept up with the serious, but from what I saw Dragonball/Dragonball Z were always kind of corny/awkward/overly-dramatic. And being that Chatwin's so old, I wouldn't expect him to act like the kid with the tail, hopping all over the place. That being said, this looks nothing like what I remember of the show. It could just be that I didn't watch it enough and it's actually an accurate portrayal of how the serious would be if it were applied to our modern-day world, or it could just be general crazy stuff the higher-ups thought it'd be cool to throw in.

Oh, also, the chick playing Bulma, uh, Jamie Chung- I'd smash that. Squirrel.

Granted, I never really kept up with the serious, but from what I saw Dragonball/Dragonball Z were always kind of corny/awkward/overly-dramatic.

Let me put it this way - it's exactly like what Sonic Team is doing to Sonic. Sonic's always been corny/silly, but recent attempts at making Sonic storylines overly dramatic result in utter failure. They're trying way too hard and failing.

I'm probably the odd-ball here for saying this, but I didn't think the Scooby Doo movies were horrible. I felt like they were rather faithful to the tone of the show, and some of the actors were well-fitted (the guy who played Shaggy). I think quite a few people generally enjoyed the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies, and I think, at the time, a lot of Power Rangers fans appreciated that movie. Though I don't fully recollect those.

The way they did the fights in the link Herotokami posted, should be used in the movie, only done better. The videos themselves aren't that great, but the technique and style is, if that makes any sense.