A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Nites Hoax Thread...

Nite

I have desided that rather than start a new thread every time i have a hoax to show everyone here i would just start a thread and stick with that..

278.png

An attempt at re-creating metal harbor..

it dident quite come out as planned.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop please =/This would make sense if you were making complete level hoaxes. These pictures don't do me any good.

The reason Hoax's dont appeal to anyone hear anymore is because we can simply make a fangame and make it near reality.

Some people still enjoy them though, so....yea..

http://sfghq.emulationzone.org/authors.php?aid=501

my bio for SFGHQ main site.

has links to all my content on the site (i have 2 custom/mixmatch and 1 theme change, the rest are re-textures)..with the exception of my latest.(rusted refinery will be up on the next update btw)

http://www.w00ty.com/tisoft/download/sprites_rusted_refinery.zip

so, whats your deal huh?

I've seen all of Nite's hoaxes of Sonic Vegemite and regulary check his thread in the SV forum for updates. Nite is a VERY talented hoaxer and I don't think hes ever had SonicLover's trademark "BELCH" sticker once. (Trust me, that is an acheivement)

Theres no reason why hoaxes shouldn't be allowed here so please keep up the good work Nite.

I would have said the same, but I noticed that this hoax isn't on the funny note, but more of displaying a background which is why I believe they want a lib. I still think it's good though and shouldn't deserve the negative comments it's been getting.

The reason they shouldn't be allowed is because they require no effort. Recoler backgrounds you get from the main site and craft them into a hodgepodge of photoshop layers.

The snow factory level looks like it would be graphics for some second-rate shareware platformer. It's like... grayscaled Chemical Plant with photoshop clouds overlayed.

Hoaxes have never _ever_ impressed me.

It's not always that easy. I had to stick with dial-up for 14 years before I finally got broadband. That's right, practically my whole life. It sucked, but I managed. Usually, you just leave your computer on or play a game while you're downloading something.

I would send you Photoshop too if there was an easy way. I'm afraid the download would take up to a week straight. I remember getting a 70MB file on dial-up. 3 straight days of downloading. =o