A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

World of Goo is amazing

Pheonix Gamma

It's also worth noting that they provided me with a link with no stringent security protocol between me and the game at all. Just a link. 'We are trying an experiment,' they explained. 'World of Goo has absolutely no copy protection or DRM at all, since we want to give you (and everyone) the best experience we can. Thanks for not distributing this, and helping us make this possible!'

Game of the year or not, they're already in my good books and trust me when I say I will guard that file with my life.

The game is great, PC or Wii. I went the Wii route since I just bought deBlob (awesome) and was feeling rather blobbilicious (copyright Pheonix Gamma 2008). The music is epic, the story is silly, and the gameplay?

I hate construction games, but this one's a-okay. Each level introduces a new element, like flammable goos, or baloons, and then challenges you to use them in silly ways like pushing switches or using buoyancy to slingshot a structure out of some water. Sometimes you can't see the whole stage until you progress enough, revealing some sort of "oh shit" stuff later. One stage doesn't even have a visible goal, you need to figure it out using the clever signs.

I love this game.

Is it something like The Incredible machine? If so, I'm so buying it right now.

Edit:

We have just been informed that World of Goo will not be available in Europe until Feb/March of 2009. Copies purchased yesterday in Europe will continue to work.

Okay, WHAT. THE. FUCK?

Just beat Chapter 2 myself.

Hot damn, this deserves the title of best Wiiware to date. Screw Mega Man 9, Lost Winds, and everything else that came before this game.

@Khorney: Thats just a minigame within it now where players compete to build the highest tower. The main game is a series of puzzles that you complete using various assorted goos ranging from drippy snot style to wooden leafy ones you can use again and again to balloons and all kinds of shit.