A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Blaze - On Hold (See Pg.3 for Details)

Shockey Rai

Its been awhile since i last posted stuff of my fangame

so here are some screens.

Zone 1: Tube Town Act 1

sonicblazescreen20kx2.png

sonicblazescreen19tu2.png

Story:

Cant think of one. But involes an Alt.Dimesion.

Help:

I would love some help for programing Bosses. i sure as hell know i cant program bosses on my own. So....If any wants to help Program bosses for Sonic Blaze. I would be glad. I use the Sonic Worlds Engine.

• Like 1

Well, not much to see here, I think I posted in some game topic how you need to show some individuality when making a Sonic game, since what you have here are just the required basics.

I also suggest doing the story first, since you might get some nice gameplay ideas from it. For example: you said it involved an alternative dimension, how about adding the ability to burst into the alt dimension during the level in Sonic CD time travel style?

So how many times have you restarted this game now? :P

10, 15? XD

Who knows...The last restart was the switch to the Sonic Worlds engine. i've stayed with that engine since then.

I kinda like the HUD... but other than that, there's nothing really interesting about these screens...

Got any gameplay, videos, etc?

I do have videos...but there from before i switched to Sonic Worlds's Engine.

• Like 1

Just letting you know, it would behoove you to make some of your own gimmicks. The stuff we've put into the Worlds base is high quality stuff, but that alone won't last you through a game.

Also, you should either change the graphics on the hanging bar or consider putting it in a different stage. It doesn't fit in with Green Hill Zone.

Heh, that's good bro. :D Glad you have the drive to keep pushing.

Yeah...The Sonic Worlds Engine is better, I'm glad i switched to it!

Anyways, Its getting a bit hard to work on Sonic Blaze, Due to troubles keeping the power on to the laptop, There are Toren spots on AC Adpater's cord where the wire is exposed (Now i take care of my computer better then that) i'm hoping that Laptop AC Adpater's are replaceable :/

Triple Fucking Post:

Some new Screens which show Zone 2 - Chaos Beach!

sonicblazescreen16xx8.png

sonicblazescreen17rn4.png

I'll Admit that the Sand could use some more work on it, but hey...at LEAST i aint using Advance backgrounds with Genesis Sprites.

I Hope to get an Demo out when i finish an Act of Feral Forest & Chaos Beach,

EDIT: Uploaded a New Video Of The Game (I plan on making Feral Forest Longer)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhZTKLWDfSM

Sorry about the crap quailty of the vid. I had to get it small enrough to upload on the other laptop :o

• 2 weeks later...

Quad Post:

Jesus...This is like the Fourth Post in a Row i've made on topic.

Anyways. I have new screens

Tube Town Act 1

sonicblazescreen20kx2.png

sonicblazescreen19tu2.png

Thanks to an Edit of The Sonic Worlds engine i found while surfing YouTube, I have got Checkpoints, Drowning, Air Bubbles, Shield Actions & The Correct Way Of Doing The Score Tally in My Game now :tgrin:

• Like 1

sonicblazescreen15fo0.png

Why is the Goal post on a slope? Isn't that a little...odd?

sonicblazescreen16xx8.png

Beach stage is kinda dull looking, aside from the sand and the trees, there isn't much there, it seems empty. The clouds are too low, makes it seem like you're in the sky or something.

Anyways, good job so far.

[qimg]http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/9869/sonicblazescreen15fo0.png[/qimg]

Why is the Goal post on a slope? Isn't that a little...odd?

[qimg]http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/2693/sonicblazescreen16xx8.png[/qimg]

Beach stage is kinda dull looking, aside from the sand and the trees, there isn't much there, it seems empty. The clouds are too low, makes it seem like you're in the sky or something.

Anyways, good job so far.

Well i changed the Act Cleared Tally screen. I plan on fixxing up Chaos Beach however.

Cool, I'd recommend putting an ocean in the background, and some rocks and whatnot in the foreground, just to liven it up some. You could probably fix up the sand by adding specks of dots on it to look "grainy".

Stage concept isn't bad, it just looks like it's in a early stage of development. If it is, then no problem at all.

Cool, I'd recommend putting an ocean in the background, and some rocks and whatnot in the foreground, just to liven it up some. You could probably fix up the sand by adding specks of dots on it to look "grainy".

Stage concept isn't bad, it just looks like it's in a early stage of development. If it is, then no problem at all.

I'll Do that,

and yes, it is in development.