A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

DS Lite: GET!

shadowgoten

So there was a sweet deal on launch day for DS Lite where you trade in your original DS and you get 70 bucks off towards a lite...so I took the leap and got one....

The DS lite is sexy, I-pod sleek sexy, and it is a lot smaller. I'd say it is as small as the bottom shell of the original DS and the weight has been shifted evenly so it doesnt feel awkward holding it open anymore. There are 4 brightness settings and CHRIST they are bright, the very first setting is already brighter than the regular DS, but then you go all the way to the 4th one...which I call blind a cat brightness :D. But yea, if you've already got a DS and don't have much cash I wouldn't recommend getting one, if you do have lots of cash I'd say go for it and exchange. As for newcomers to the DS world, now is just about the best time to hop in, there's so many good games out now!

Enough ranting from I though...what do you guys think about it?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine's currently in the motherland (Japan). I can't stand the iPod white color, it makes me angry, so my dad was in Japan and I told him to snag me an Enamel Navy and somehow a co-worker of him got one. I'll be one happy guy at the end of June when he comes back with it.

You know, Nintendo's got us fans into their little trap. We all buy the original versions of a handheld, and then a year and a half later they release an updated version and a lot of the fans go and buy it. They get our money twice.

But I'm sticking with my classic DS like I did with the GBA-- why fork out money again for the sameish thing?

EDIT: DW, looks like it is/was for launch day only.

I want a Lite. As much as my current DS is perfectly fine, firstly, my screens are so ____ING DIRTY, I hate it that they can't ever seem to get clean. Secondly, my DS seems to have developed a dead pixel, which isn't really much, but I keep wiping it (thinking it is a spec of dust), thus making my screen dirtier :( Plus I think the Lite looks pretty sexy.

mine has one, but it's impossible to see in normal play because 1) the color blends in with every color and 2) it's in the very top right corner. That, or I just imagined it when I saw it. @_@

Good thing I kept my old DS's (yes, one was broken, and one was a replacement sent to me), though, cause the Lite doesn't come with a thumb strap, even though there's a spot for it...

I picked up my DS Lite at Nintendo world at launch (Got a free case too :0) since the DS I have is my brothers and I've been wanting my own (Originaly was going to get the Mario Kart DS pack but heard about the lite) and it is indeed awesome. Very light and sleek looking.

I didn't get any dead pixels either, but then again I never got one on the original DS either.

.......Wow, what the hell?

You cant take a bad joke anymore?

I dont have a warranty on my PS2, GCN, or any of my other gaming systems, but none of them have been broken.

It just strikes me as funny when both shoulder buttons on a DS happen to be broken..Your pushing the buttons too hard. (XD...)

P.S.

I never bought a warranty for my PS2.