A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Emerald Ties: Crossing Fates Demo - DEMO UPDATED 8/18 SEE PAGE 5

Gamerdude

Crap, no the leaderboards and site are supposed to stay up. I'm investigating the problem right now.

Edit: The website is functional again. I made another database last night that's unrelated to the website, however I used a different password and I guess it changed my password for the ET:CF database as well...very odd. Sorry about the down time, we're back online.

That aside, the reason why we've opted out of splitscreen type of multiplayer is because it requires people to plan out a match...not saying people aren't capable of doing that, however with the amount of people that will be playing this game (not tons) couple with the fact that it's a hassle to meet up with someone at a certain time made me think it wouldn't be that great of an idea...at least not good enough to spend a ton of time on.

That aside, the reason why we've opted out of splitscreen type of multiplayer is because it requires people to plan out a match...not saying people aren't capable of doing that, however with the amount of people that will be playing this game (not tons) couple with the fact that it's a hassle to meet up with someone at a certain time made me think it wouldn't be that great of an idea...at least not good enough to spend a ton of time on.

That and level gimmicks/features such as the path opening switches, falling spike ceilings, the boulder chase, the escape segment of act 2, and the boss would all have to be cut to make it fair. You would have to design levels entirely exclusive to the mode, like Sonic 3, except more interesting... something that complicated should only be considered after the product is complete and you want to add on in my opinion.:squestion:

Glad the site's back up. BTW, I may try to stick around if I can, but school's coming up and that makes things a little complicated... furthermore I'm already an active part of a few other communities while lurking/inactive in three or so more. (add that to my graphics, concept, writing, Wii hobbies and other stuff IRL) Chances are I'll probably disappear from a few of the forums over the course of time... I can't afford to have the free time I'm using now lol.

I really enjoyed my stay here at SFGHQ this week, though it wasn't all pleasant, nothing really ever is... like I said, I may try to at least be semi-active or lurk...:scool:

As far as I know it's really not possible to make a patch for a MMF game. Clickteam has a "Patchmaker" program, but the patch ends up being just as big as the executable was originally, which totally defeats the purpose of a patch. That's one of the unfortunate side effects of using MMF2 (or any click product in general), the whole executable basically has to be replaced when an update is made =/.