A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Large Hadron Collider

Cyber Rat

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kinda happy, but also worried. I mean, I don't rationally believe this thing is going to suck the entire planet, or to create strange matter that will eventually turn all the universe in some kind of quark jelly... But you never know.

Note to self: Get laid ASAP.

@God: make sure the last backup is up-to-date. By no means I want to live my pre-teen years all over again.

Ah, they are going to collide 2 bunch of protons and make them collide with an energy of 14 TeraEV. We already reached the terabyte and nothing wrong happened. This process happens every second inside the sun and i don't think the sun has been converted into heat gas. Wait...

You all aren't doctors. You all aren't scientists. Most of you aren't even full-time employees of anything. So stop worrying. Smarter people than us gave this the ok and those same people also tend to be smarter than the people who raise these phony end of the world theories up.

Seriously though, the finest, most European scientific minds are working on this. If there is one thing I know, it's that their physicists are better than the rest of the world's. Karl Gauss, Einstein, Isaac Newton, and all those other scary people... none of them managed to end the world.

Guest Shadix

Or the lack thereof in the case that we just become floating ghost versions of ourselves or absolutely nothing. That or we are just reborn in an alternate universe identical to ours and have to endure it all again!

Seriously though, the finest, most European scientific minds are working on this. If there is one thing I know, it's that their physicists are better than the rest of the world's. Karl Gauss, Einstein, Isaac Newton, and all those other scary people... none of them managed to end the world.

No, but all their contributions are still fueling the conditions. :P

I mean, they can still indirectly destroy the world. Hell, they could even be the four horsemen; laughing at us from their chariot of death about how they set us up.

They could, but they won't. Think that those process happens inside stars and at much bigger scale, and nothing happened to the universe, no cuantic void, no strangelets, no micro black holes, no flying penises, just a bunch of energy. In worst case, the calculation of e=mc2 is wrong and they get more energy than what they spected and one sector of the ring is blown up.

The worst thing that could happen also is that their experiments fails, meaing that the cuantic physich theories are wrong, and having to start from zero. Well, maybe they can use that 3000 million € freezer to fight against the climatic change, joking.

Guest Shadix

Besides they'll likely fuck things up again and have to delay the launch even further. I mean, they had this same countdown a month ago :\

Guest Shadix
Geez, if the apocalypse is coming, alot of you are sure spending your last days in a useless thread. Go outside if you're so fucking worried about the world ending.

I actually endorse this statement, except substitute outside with contributing to SAGE. :3 I still have positions open.

I should be worried about my well being, I really should. but for some reason science and DOOMSDAY usually just denotes an apathy point as overall I can't help but think this won't get anywhere NEAR the results that could cause some sort of damage. hell, worst that could happen is they implode the machine from it causing too much energy buildup, ruining that part of the facility.

• 2 weeks later...