A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic 2: HD

sonicdude3

From the looks of this project. It looks to be a very promising and epic game. Something that may/should make SEGA proud and ashamed because they have'nt took action to do something like this.

You really shouldn't say stuff like that.

Anyway, the project is interesting, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

He isn't talking about the "it's looking awesome" part, he is talking about the part where you get SEGA involved. We have a new rule around here that was put up by unanimous consent of everyone who actually matters that you shouldn't say anything to the effect of "TAKE THAT SEGA! BURN!" in regards to any fan project. It isn't like everyone in the world is making HD remakes of old games. And frankly, Sonic is one of the last games I would ever expect to receive this treatment since as I already mentioned, Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD's devs are already complaining massively about the huge expense involved and Sonic the Hedgehog has so much more that needs to be reproduced.

@Shadix:

Have you guys thought about possibly increasing the gameplay resolution and maybe using some more modern background rendering effects?

By gameplay resolution, do you mean the accuracy at which movements are made? Because the resolution there is already higher than the on-screen resolution suggests just in the old Sonic games.

Super Sonic should not be smiling, IMHO.

I though the same thing. but eh whatever i can live with it. sonic is a cocky son of a bitch.

the music remixes for the levels they have available so far are really nice. Metropolis Zone sounds like something out of the 80s

edit: holy crap wing fortress zone is awesome. Reminds me of the Highwind music from FFVII

Finally, a true remake, SEGA should made this a long time ago, but they haven't and probably won't make something like this...

Looks awesome, but I believe that will take a long time to finish. Well, it's better this than having a one-mounth bad remake, like Sonic Genesis on GBA.

Good Luck!

From the looks of this project. It looks to be a very promising and epic game. Something that may/should make SEGA proud and ashamed because they have'nt took action to do something like this.

May I direct your attention to: http://sonicunited.org/hsfqmtif/forum/showthread.php?t=3939

That is all, have a great day.

Guest Shadix
He isn't talking about the "it's looking awesome" part, he is talking about the part where you get SEGA involved. We have a new rule around here that was put up by unanimous consent of everyone who actually matters that you shouldn't say anything to the effect of "TAKE THAT SEGA! BURN!" in regards to any fan project. It isn't like everyone in the world is making HD remakes of old games. And frankly, Sonic is one of the last games I would ever expect to receive this treatment since as I already mentioned, Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD's devs are already complaining massively about the huge expense involved and Sonic the Hedgehog has so much more that needs to be reproduced.

@Shadix:

By gameplay resolution, do you mean the accuracy at which movements are made? Because the resolution there is already higher than the on-screen resolution suggests just in the old Sonic games.

I'm saying, are they going to increase the visibility. I've played Sonic 2\3\Sonic CD in pretty much 1080p, and what eventually happens at those resolutions is it becomes hard to really make out whats going on, everything is way too big, and the smoothness of everything makes you wish you had more window to work with. (it was GENS with some heavy filtering)