A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

God of War alternatives/decent action games?

Khorney

I will say that I enjoyed a lot of the action command thingies in KH2, but it was really gay. A lot of the levels were just boring repetitive missions, and the game was just going through all the same worlds (with a couple new ones), and then they sprinkled some of the games actual storyline into it. Even then the story was mainly, they're gonna make dis gai a heartless so they can have his nobody.

The best part of the game was the beginning story part that explained Roxas and Sora. Once Sora left the starting area it got boring.

EDIT: I also liked Axel a lot.

XD Sweet, glad I'm not the only one who liked the beginning

I thought the beggining was...Long winded, but interesting. Personally I would have preffered if they followed on the same timespan as they did with Destiny Islands...maybe slightly longer...but then again, many information about the plot would have been crammed in.

The cameos from the final fantasy games was awesome though. Go Seifer and his hobo outfit

EDIT: I also liked Axel a lot.

Axel looks like Reno

"Sora!" *Kairi hugs*

=/ ...

"Riku!!" *breaks down crying*

Goddammit, just when you think Sora was straight for all the shit he did for Kairi in 1, he turns around and says "Fuck Kairi, she has small tits anyways." and goes for the man meat.

"Sora!" *Kairi hugs*

=/ ...

"Riku!!" *breaks down crying*

Goddammit, just when you think Sora was straight for all the shit he did for Kairi in 1, he turns around and says "Fuck Kairi, she has small tits anyways." and goes for the man meat.

Exactly, that part I was just fucking pissed. It's like, wtf, you've been searching for KAIRI for like this whole game, and all of a sudden it's riku you want to buttfuck now?

KH2 is a floaty piece of bullshit with no strategy, a story pieced together out of recycled scraps of bullshit, and no real progression whatsoever. It sustains itself purely on sparsely woven weirdness and the combat is completely laughable.

And i thought my opinions were weighted

If you hated KH2's storyline than how the fuck did you EVER enjoy Kingdom Hearts? Seriously?

In KH1, Sora was a whiny bitch saying "I wanna go home with Riku and Kairi" the whole game. He swang the keyblade like it was two ton weight (which technically it is) and had little experience.

In KH2, he wakes up a year later and starts mouthing off to everybody he sees like he was the friggin kid who sits in the back of the class in high school. On top that, he starts swinging the keyblade like its nothing and starts busting backflips and 20 ft. jumps. He was sleeping... and now he's Jet fuckin lee? Wtf??

In KH the stories of the other worlds actually felt important. In KH2 it was basically just the same thing over and over. Beat up this Organization XIII guy so someone doesn't become a heartless. Also, going to Little Mermaid world made me want to die. Who put this rythm game in my RPG?

I Also, going to Little Mermaid world made me want to die. Who put this rythm game in my RPG?

Agreed, plus I never really liked the controls as underwater-sora, in both games.

Although I'm so glad they removed the "ALL RIGHT YEAH TAKE THAT THAT'S THE POWER OF THE KEYBLADE DANCE DANCE DANCE STRIKE A POSE" At the end of every battle in the games at the olympus collisuem.

I turned my volume to mute every time that happened in the first KH.

On top that, he starts swinging the keyblade like its nothing and starts busting backflips and 20 ft. jumps.

To be fair, He could use glide towards the end of the game in the first Kingdom hearts(Which is virtually flying for 5 seconds without any gravitational limitations) if you activated the ability.

On top that, he starts swinging the keyblade like its nothing and starts busting backflips and 20 ft. jumps. He was sleeping... and now he's Jet fuckin lee? Wtf??

Sora was wtfawesome already by the end of the first one. The kid could fly and shoot energy beams from his pole.

And if i could fly and take mile vertical falls and live i would mouth off to everyone too

but to be fair i hated most of the KH2 worlds as well

kingdom hearts ___gotry aside, i grabbed spartan total warrior out of a bargin bin because that looks similar vien for what i'm looking for, have any of you played this? is it any good? i can't play it until i get back to my other country, thats why i dont know yet =P

Why hasn't anybody mentioned the prince of persia series yet?

I thought that would have been one of the more obvious titles to pick up.

I never played the 3rd Prince of Persia game but I did play the 2nd one called Warrior Within, and it was a highly awesome game. The combat was amazing, and the storyline was amazing. The environments were also awesome. So if you should check out that game. and the other two.

Also the Ninja Gaiden series is a great game. They have a new one coming out soon for the 360. But the one on the original Xbox was amazing as well. But the boss battles were kind of hard, if I remember correctly.

i've got 2+3 of the new pop series. emocity and RRAAGGGEE aside, the 2nd game was good, but the 3rd one seemed a bit short and more linear for some reason, although, you only get to choose your path once in the 2nd. Still, i preffeed the tone of the 3rd one, and it seemed to flow alot better overll, except for that bloody boos fight were you fight 2 guys at once. it wouldn't have been so bad if there was a save before it, but you had todo the sodding chariot bit again if you switched off =(. i started the 1st one a while back, but after the first combat with sand monsters i got a bit bored of it. may try it again though.

got GoW2 yesturday anyway, can't wait to whack it in my PS2, i'm totally stoked. have you guys seen this trailer? it's badass:

nobody would happen to know where i could find the generic action movie trialer music that plays near the end of it, would you?