A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Metal Gear Solid

shadowgoten

Man it was so nice to pop in MGS1 after all these years. That game is perfect.

MGS2 is a good game, but the Raiden character just sucks. It wouldn't be so bad, but there are so many codec conversations that involve him and his girlfriend whining about this and that, you start to hate the character when badass Solid Snake is around. Still, the story is very good regardless.

Snake actually hops onto a missile and rides it into the copter, I was wowed and a little sickened inside at the same time.

That sounds stupid as fuck. I'm glad I didn't play that.

European Extreme modes are REALLY fun, because i actually have to think and find ways of being stealthy instead of "fck this im just gonna shoot everybody"

And with the 3D camera on Subsistence, it feels really good once you can clear an area without having to retry it.

• 3 weeks later...

That the stupid shit where it falls into the sewers? I think it was either the thermal goggles or the mine detector that you use to find that thing in the water. I can't remember 100% though.

There's also some items in there. There are also some bombs in there that if you pick them up and don't drop them, they'll explode eventually and hurt you.

That the stupid shit where it falls into the sewers? I think it was either the thermal goggles or the mine detector that you use to find that thing in the water. I can't remember 100% though.

There's also some items in there. There are also some bombs in there that if you pick them up and don't drop them, they'll explode eventually and hurt you.

Thats the part. I have a sliver of health, frozen rations, and a sewer that hurts me. Is there nuclear waste in it or something? Anyway, thanks for the warning about the bombs. Those would've fucked me over for sure.

Raiden was a badass all along. He just hid it under the fear of losing his own blood and having a cheesy girlfriend who freaked out because he didn't have any posters in his room.

Yea once snake handed raiden his sword I thought he was a badass. That whole last section of MGS2 is fucking nuuuuts, I LOVE IT