A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

IGN Dreamcast is back in town

Didn't you just need a blank CD and a boot CD if the ISO wasn't self-bootable? I'm sure the DC didn't need to be modded. Well, mine sure didn't.

Well, from what I've heard, some of the last Dreamcasts made were fixed, so that you had to go in and void your warrenty if you wanted to play modded games. I've never run across like that, though...

Andrew: Only 3 ISOs on emuparadise? How can that be when I've downloaded 4 games? There are a ton of games up for download and they aren't too hard to find. And yes, what USC said about the later Dreamcasts. Only.. chances are if you have a burning program there's going to be an option to make the CD self-bootable. You don't need 2 CDs.. unless you just feel like totally wasting a good CDR.

95% of all Dreamcasts can read CD-R's without modification. I have yet to burn any official games for it (I'v gotten backups though), but I have plenty of homebrew games and emulators for it. Hell, I'v even got family guy episodes on it. Check out some homebrew stuff for it sometime. It's easy to burn once you get the hang of it.

"Hell, I'v even got family guy episodes on it. Check out some homebrew stuff for it sometime. It's easy to burn once you get the hang of it."

You can watch Family Guy on it? This leads to a world of possibilities man... link meh. xD

The guy has 3 Dreamcasts one is bound to work anyway. >.>

Andrew: Only 3 ISOs on emuparadise? How can that be when I've downloaded 4 games? There are a ton of games up for download and they aren't too hard to find. And yes, what USC said about the later Dreamcasts. Only.. chances are if you have a burning program there's going to be an option to make the CD self-bootable. You don't need 2 CDs.. unless you just feel like totally wasting a good CDR.

All I see is Soul Calibur, Dead or Alive 2 Limited Edition and JSR.

Edit: Oh wait, you need to go directly to the tracker. Nevermind.