A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Persona 3 FES Officially coming to the US

Pheonix Gamma

Dear Atlus Faithful,

Ok, we give up. The rumors were true.

Persona 3 FES is coming to North America!

Months of trying to keep FES a secret are now behind us (which means all of us here can reflect on just how futile an effort that was).

So what's the big deal about Persona 3 FES? "FES" is short for "Festival," and in Japan, FES was released as a reward for gamers who picked up the original. Not only does the new FES content enhance the original game, but the new FES component is actually a game in and of itself, accessible right from the get-go. We think of it as two games on one disc. It is the definitive Persona 3 experience.

We will be releasing the stand-alone version of FES. There was of course the option of just releasing the "Append" disc (which would have required ownership of the original game), but in the end, we didn't want you to have to own anything else to enjoy the experience.

We'll have a ton more updates going out for FES soon, telling you about the extra features, content, and modes for you to enjoy. Thanks for being patient. We're glad you stuck around.

Oh, and we decided to set the suggested retail for FES at $29.99, just for the heck of it. Thanks for continuing to support us, Atlus Faithful!

April 22nd, Baby (Baby baby).

Anywho, they sent me a teaser video. See if this gawdawful URL works for anyone:

http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001WaHsGdaniPMCYCfOllLZTgvK0HyePQcDOCJSAl2SAl9OeQuO8V4fTjdfXsEEBeJV9RWDGi9Uz3ez1NvXtYSazw2Q_3djPutNkWsF3-TPvWeEAAzJcJLUbU2NjMTAnScpAblE4RHdZdRstNWV9RoYVA==

Considering there's practically 2 games on the disc, 30 bucks is a steal. I do wish it came with a little something, but I'm just thankful that we're getting the damn game.

Though, if it's coming out this soon, then they must have had the voices recorded for awhile now. Stupid sneaky Atlus... They planned this the whole time!

EDIT: ila asked me about this and logged off. Figured I'd post it:

The Journey section of P3 FES is meant to be played from the start so that you can experience all the new content. If you're in the middle of October in Persona 3, you cannot load that save into Persona 3 FES and pick up in the middle of October in The Journey; you must start a new game at level 1. However, you will be able to load some things from your Persona 3 save into FES. These are:

>-Your Academics, Charm, and Courage rankings

>-Your discovered Fusion Spells list

>-Any key items you possess that unlock Persona fusions

>-Your Persona compendium (However, the Personas in your compendium will be reset to their base level, stats, and skills)

Great news for me. I don't think I could spent another 80 hours all over again. At least now I can access some of my stuff (though it'd have been lovely if I could have kept my level too. Shucks.)

EDIT 2: Oh hi updated website with new videos:

http://www.atlus.com/persona3/home.html

That's what H-games are for... P3 is just an occult/magic/freakyness lover's wet dream.

Am I to take it that from the writing on P3 FES's website that we won't be getting the expansion version in the US? I mean... the 30 dollar price tag isn't bad since it was 50 to start with, but that still seems to be cheesing us a little...

A rather weak sample too. It didn't have the really awesome version of Living with Determination that plays at the dorm in the last month. Well, I did rip the whole thing and add it to my mp3 collection, but the only ones I really like from the CD are Deep Breath, Burn My Dread and its remix that plays while fighting Nyx, Changing Seasons, and a few others... which is to say a lot more than the usual amount of music I like from a soundtrack CD, but still missing a lot that I wanted.