A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Persona 3 FES Officially coming to the US

Pheonix Gamma

Holy Fucking Shit Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!holy Fucking Shit Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!holy Fucking Shit Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!holy Fucking Shit Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!holy Fucking Shit Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!holy Fucking Shit Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!holy Fucking Shit Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!holy Fucking Shit Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!holy Fucking Shit Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!holy Fucking Shit Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!holy Fucking Shit Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!holy Fucking Shit Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!holy Fucking Shit Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!holy Fucking Shit Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!holy Fucking Shit Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!holy Fucking Shit Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!holy Fucking Shit Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!holy Fucking Shit Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!holy Fucking Shit Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!holy Fucking Shit Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!holy Fucking Shit Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!holy Fucking Shit Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!holy Fucking Shit Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!holy Fucking Shit Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!holy Fucking Shit Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!holy Fucking Shit Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!holy Fucking Shit Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!holy Fucking Shit Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!holy Fucking Shit Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!holy Fucking Shit Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!holy Fucking Shit Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!holy Fucking Shit Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!holy Fucking Shit Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!holy Fucking Shit Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!holy Fucking Shit Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!holy Fucking Shit Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!

Personally, I'm not getting it. I already payed too much to get Persona 3 and a special edition with some extra story elements just isn't worth another 50 bucks out of my wallet.

If I'd known about it, I wouldn't have gotten regular P3 and I just would have waited it out. All this does is leave me feeling a little bitter.

I suppose I could always sell P3 to some unwitting sucker for almost double what its worth in the meantime though.

There are 2 versions:

Expansion Disk: Requires the original game. Contains "episode yourself" and "episode Aigis".

Full package: The game in its entirety plus E.A.

I don't know how it works. I just know the expensive version doesn't require the old game and the cheaper one does. Or maybe the cheaper one has JUST the new story and not the remake of P3. Either way, it's got a lot of new content to warrant a purchase, IMHO. Unless you played the game so many times that you saw everything. Which is a lot.

Also, the battle theme in FES has a sick Trumpet intro before it resumes the BAYBEH BAYBEH BAYBEH business.

A buddy of mine that has played through FES in japanese had this to say:

Me: Ok so for this, do you need a save file from the original, or can you play it off from that point?

friend: How fes works

friend: It modifies the main game

friend: It adds new personas

friend: new quests

friend: new social links

Me: the website is actually at 006:06:12:26:___

friend: It also adds a totally separate chapter in the game

friend: Aegis' story

Me: ok

friend: which doesn't even involve the main character

friend: and takes about 25 hours by itself

friend: Oh, and you can date Aegis and Elizabeth (the girl from the velvet room, demon master)

friend: Dating elizabeth is fucking awesome

friend: Among lots of other additions

friend: (walking Koromaru as a nighttime activity)

friend: lots of rebalances and new moves

friend: new outfits

friend: maids? swimsuits? fighting in school clothes?

Me: sweet

Yea, basically.

Also, you don't actually "date" Elizabeth, persay. It's part of her quests and stuff. You take her places or whatever. There's no S. Link involved.

Dating Aigis will be interesting, mostly because your relationship with her grows in the story already (to the point where she becomes your unspoken soul mate. But you saw that coming a mile away, right?) Watching her grow that way was the biggest draw of the finale.

I wanna see the new Personae. I hear one of them is clearly a green penis monster.

@Aerosol: It's much deeper than that. In fact, the dating in it is very minor.

Basically, it is an oldschool RPG that takes some cues from old old old titles like Eye of the Beholder and Dungeon Hack in that it has one rather boring, randomly generated dungeon where most of the actual game takes place.

What distinguishes it is that it has this whole concept of personas hinging out from the Arcana. So all of those old Jewish texts like the Mercabah influence the way you build your character. There are a number of Major arcana which form the basis of your character relationships. Thats where the majority of the sim dating element comes in...

Basically, you have a set number of days to work with. On some days, you can do some things and on others, you can't. Time plays a huge role in the game. You can only do so much with what you have. That theme is everywhere from the amount of time you have to build social links to the point where being in a dungeon for a long enough period of time causes death to come by and kick your ass for no reason.

Anyway, you build up personalities though leveling up like normal, but there is another side to it. You have something called social links where you spend time with your friends and girlfriends and this causes your social links to level up. Each represents a major Arcana like the Priest or the Magician. As you get to know each person, you can recruit your personas being more powerful than normal and eventually some key personas of higher levels that enable further fusing.

In order to get new personas, you fuse your old ones together. Depending on the types of Arcana you use in fusing, you'll get different personas. There is some mathematical formula to it, but I can't honestly say I'm sure what it is... Allegedly its based on those old Jewish texts I was talking about.

Anyway, every persona comes from mythology basically. Mostly Jewish and Greek, some Japanese, and some Christian.

Near the end of the game, the theme of time goes away mostly since there usually isn't as much to do and by then you can usually make Death your bitch... but anyway, its kind of a lot to explain. You'd just have to play it yourself. P3 was probably my favorite game of 2007.

DW: The timer's the exact same as the one in the P3 intro, unless they plan on recycling it for P4 or something where P4 is a direct sequel to P3.

I think it's safe to say this confirms FES.

EDIT: For those who want to know why this game is probably my favorite RPG since Chrono Trigger, I did a lengthy write-up about it here:

http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/Phoenix+Gamma/persona-3-is-the-best-rpg-i-ve-played-since-chrono-trigger-there-i-said-it--64039.phtml

Yuko is also an acceptable choice. True story: I kept trying to boost my Strength Arcana, and I thought you only met her through Kendo practice. Thus, I ended up spending every day with the jock and maxing out Chariot instead.

I facepalmed when I saw her chilling in the hallway. Oh well, I lawled when Minato entered the Kendo tourney and just whacked the opponent over the head 30 times in a row without any regard to rules or regulations.

Man, those S-Links are so great...