A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic and the global events (new demo)

knucis

logo2ph3.png

The game passes the actual situation of the world, Sonic,Knucis,Blacksonic and Brashadow will have to solve the world problems likes greenhouse effect, but it won´t be so easily, they will have to back on the past likes Sonic CD or back on the ARK to solve certain problems.

sge1nx6.png

sge2xu2.png

sge3ps2.png

The demo contains 1 playable level as Sonic, 1 chao garden and 2 multiplayer levels.

*** The windowed mode is not running, so I will repair it later.***

progress: 25%

Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/91028208/SGE_install.rar.html

Knucis games: [email protected]

The project will have a stop for a good time, thats because of the college. So don´t wait for a full or a new demo from this weeks .

• Like 1

Stop. Just stop. I see that you are STILL ripping off of BrazSonic with your Brashadow crap. That's enough to de-rep you. And Blacksonic? Please, for the love of god, there has to be at least one ounce of originality pumping through your veins. Use it!

And no, don't pretend you are in college. You are obviously much younger than that. We can tell.

• Like 1

Stop. Just stop. I see that you are STILL ripping off of BrazSonic with your Brashadow crap. That's enough to de-rep you. And Blacksonic? Please, for the love of god, there has to be at least one ounce of originality pumping through your veins. Use it!

And no, don't pretend you are in college. You are obviously much younger than that. We can tell.

I don't care about anyone who rips off BrazSonic, but that's no good! Anyone can upload this at mediafire? Rapidshare sucks

An installer?

Rapidshare?

Even ignoring the laughable premise and the existence of "Blacksonic" and "Brashadow", I'm not sure if I should even bother.

Also, any game that revolves around the ending of global warmin' MUST have Al Gore as a playable character.

EDIT: Heh...this game isn't half bad, actually. The level is pretty big and decently designed, and there's apparently some "extra mission" thing going on. I personally liked the choice of music. I don't know if that background work is custom or not, but its hit or miss. There were some parts of the level that were quite pretty (I liked the forest/jungle background), but some of the tilework was either bland or ugly.

There's some major glitch with the Sonic jungle level boss, though. The boss lays "dead" in the corner, while the boss music plays and spikes drop from the sky. As a result, I couldn't really finish that level.

Questionable presentation elements aside, I kinda like the direction this game is going in. Keep improving!

You guys are mean. Anyway, I had an idea like this a long time ago, canceled after about a day, and it was when New Orleans was flooded. I had a Sonic level where he is in New Orleans and has to get to the end of the level before the city was entirely under water.

The reason I stopped it was because I thought maybe it might've been making fun of people stuck in the situation, and that's the last thing I wanted to do.

You guys are mean. Anyway, I had an idea like this a long time ago, canceled after about a day, and it was when New Orleans was flooded. I had a Sonic level where he is in New Orleans and has to get to the end of the level before the city was entirely under water.

The reason I stopped it was because I thought maybe it might've been making fun of people stuck in the situation, and that's the last thing I wanted to do.

Give me a reason to not make fun of you for posting that. Sonic in Katrina? Oh man...is that really necessary?

Listen, there's nothing wrong with making a game about current issues around the world. But why does it have to be with Sonic the Fucking Hedgehog? It's silly and stupid. It's the equivilent of the shit fanfiction that ruins people's minds on the internet - pointless.

Like, imagine this... I decide to make a game about the characters from Golden Axe, but set them in our reality. The Dwarf one day is like "Oh shit, there's an H2, lemme axe that shit and stop it from killing the ozone layer."

Original? I guess.

Absolutely gay? Word.

Sonic and the Gay Rights Parade

Sonic and the Legend of Liberachi

Sonic and the Rainbow Flag Riot

Sonic and the time he and Tails got a little too drunk and erm um erm...

Sonic and the Secret Rings of Richard Simmons

Sonic and the NAMBLA lobbyist

Sonic and the Concert where David Bowie was First Basing it with Freddie Mercury up on stage.

Sonic and the Lambda Zetas

Sonic and the Gay Prisoners and retards that got gassed in Auschwitz who no one cares about because of more glaring religious intolerance.

Sonic and the Butt AIDS

Mario's Time Machine

SEE WOT I DID THAR!

Blacksonic

lol

As for the demo itself...Let's start right from the beggining. You've put in an installation program. Do you have any idea whatsoever how annoying and stupid that is, especially for a demo? This isn't 1999 anymore. Just put a damn executable instead so people can play it right off the bat and delete it whenever they please.

Also~

ohtheoriginalitymw8.png

Your logo made me laugh hard

Anyway, after I get past that, I get greeted with a window with a ridiculously horrible background that made the text barely readable. I'm actually serious here, do you have super vision? I could hardly make out "Windowed" myself.

So after I choose windowed, and keyboard and that whatnot, select 1 player and click, your game goes to fullscreen and changes my resolution(Which I hate to the core) REGARDLESS of the fact I select windowed.

After that I seem to get presented with credits or some sort, with recolours of characters...But that's not the point here. Get taken to a menu screen, which is okay, needs a lot of work visually, but meh. I select one player, you know the drill.

Now. For the gameplay itself, It's got to be the fangame with the lowest framerate I've seen in a while. I don't feel like I'm playing sonic, I don't feel that I'm going at a high speed, I just feel like I'm controlling some blue thing that can go up loops. The camera is also notable here, when sonic goes up a loop, he's right on the left side, you can almost not see him.

As for level design, it was fairly okay. Didn't have too much of a problem with that as such, but the demo is completely riddled with bugs inflicted by yourself, because I doubt that the worlds engine is that incomplete.

Also, when I came near to a round thing...I swear I heard somebody talking to me. Was that your voice or something? Nonetheles I could hardly hear you, because the BG music pretty much drowns out every other sound effect heard.

Anyway, overall, I really would rather go and watch 2girlsonecup than play this demo again. AND THAT'S SOMETHING

I am 15 years old and I am in the 1st class of the college.

"College" generally means "University" in English; use "High School" or something similar instead (if English isn't your first language?).

I'll give it a try when I can get my Windows virtual drive working again

Give me a reason to not make fun of you for posting that.

I can't really help you there, but I can think of many reasons to make fun of him for it.

1. We are big fat meanies!

2. How can you cancel an idea?

3. You had an idea for a day and terminated it?

4. Was this game even out when New Orleans got flooded?

5. That level is offensive.

6. That level has nothing to do with solving the problem of Katrina.

7. Are people even still stuck in the situation?

8. Like one guy making something slightly offensive for one level in a below-low-class Sonic fangame is really going to get people riled up.

9. Like anyone was really going to see the level.

10. You aren't making the game. How could you make a level for it anyway? You are afraid someone would get offended from an idea in your head?

Yeah, "College" is a cognate for the Portuguese word "Colégio", which means school. In a similar post on a Brazillian forum, he just said he was studying. I think he wasn't pretty sure on how to spell "studying" (I originally found this word to be quite hard to spell, due to the "yi"), so he just wrote "in College", trying to avoid mistakes.

God, I need to get laid.

someone go make a game about a sawnik stopping global terrorism plz

Actually, you could make a fun game with that if you used some of the Generic Arab sprites from the Metal Slug series with the Sonic Advanced sprites.

As long as the game didn't take itself too seriously, it'd be a blast to play.