A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

OMG DDR Style Fangame!

KoE

I dont normally work on something and show it off less than a day after starting it. But i think this is, though quick and simple, probably the most interesting and most original game/engine i have ever made from scratch.

SDDR.gif

At the Moment its just a quick engine test, ofcourse it has its faults, but i need it to be tested by other people. As there more likely to see problems i havent noticed.

Anyway, heres the link:

http://divad.brpxqzme.net/stuff/dance.zip

All comments and criticism is welcome as long as it is constructive.

thanks.

Well i tried it and i get an error that says it cant find the cnc323.dll, but the dll is in the same folder with it 0.0

EDIT okay it turns out the dll in the folder is named wrong so i named it after what the error msg said and now i get "ordinal 193 is not found in "dll's name'"

it is random, how do you expect me to time every arrow to the song. and then when i make another level do it again.

I know its possible to do so, but the point is it would take me almost forever. If I tried to get it going to the rhythm of the music, it would more than likely end up being even worse. And then When I make another level, i would have to do it again.

I know sounds silly, but do you get what im saying?

I might try it eventually, but straight away.

Summary of post:

I'm too stupid to sort that out right now.

it is random, how do you expect me to time every arrow to the song. and then when i make another level do it again.

I know its possible to do so, but the point is it would take me almost forever. If I tried to get it going to the rhythm of the music, it would more than likely end up being even worse. And then When I make another level, i would have to do it again.

I know sounds silly, but do you get what im saying?

I might try it eventually, but straight away.

That's actually what the real games do. And it's actually why I gave up of doing a dancing game some time ago...

There actually was a DDR tutorial a while ago and it went with the rythm of the song bwcause you got to choose the mp3 it was a tutorial i think it was here too.

It was the same set of arrows for the same song not random not the same exact thing

the point of DDR is that the arrows follow a pattern and rythm along with the song.

Here's an example, but with a guitar riff instead of pop music:

http://www.flashplayer.com/games/supercrazyguitarmaniacdeluxe.html

a little different from how DDR is set up, but the rythm pattern thing is the same idea. I don't think it'd be too difficult to program.

lol, I tried making a DDR engine in MMF once. I think I horribly failed or decided it wasn't possible cause after the first day of making it, I gave up. XD

Basically, my engine had a little rainbow of stripes where the target zone sat to tell you how well you did. The EXE along with the source code can be found here: http://www.supersanctuary.com/srpgp/deedeearr.zip

There's no music with the engine however since it's still very, very, very early in development so you'll have to imagine the music on your own. :)

Have fun. ;D

I actually was planning on doing something like this for maybe a mini game for Sonic's Vacation, but... I got lazy...

The way I would do it would have a file with timings for the arrows for each song just like how Stepmania does it. And of course, I would have made an editor so you could record your button presses and then reload that ingame, just like in stepmania... But then I got lazy...

Of course, if you're feeling up to it...

• Like 1