A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

"Damn Computer! It ate everything!!!"

VectorSatyr

I doubt any of you have been wondering about my particular lack of activity lately. Truth is, I've been without a computer to call my own for some time. The adapter outlet on my old HP Pavilion ze2000 finally gave up on me a few days after my vacation, so the lifeless computer is currently sitting next me, dead as wood and kicking dust. I've only been able to reach here through the computers at my school, or through LinkG07s. (@Moderators: If you've noticed any posts similar to my own that were deleted as LinkG07s, its because I forget when he's logged in sometimes)

About a week ago, my mother was feeling generous and suggested I buy a new notebook. We ended up getting two Dell Inspiron 1501s - one for me, one for my mother and her mother. Hers' came with Windows Vista, 15"4' screen, better wireless power, a spare battery, a wireless mouse, some Hoyle Card Game, and Microsoft Office Home and Student Edition 2008.

As for mine:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual-Core Processor TK-55, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.8GHz

Display: ATI Radeon Xpress 1150, 14" Inches

Audio: SigmaTel

Memory: 446MB RAM

DirectX Verson: 9.0c

I could have gotten Soundblaster, but that only comes with Vista models... damn Vista...

I also bought a new Netgear router for an extra $50 bucks (to replace my crappy HawkingTech one). Took me a full day to get it working, due to some complications. (note to self: don't use installation disks for routers) Once I finally got it working (a half hour ago), the internet ran dead slow at first, but now it's almost 150% better than the previous box, AND wifi connection seems to work spectacularly by comparison, as well.

Feels good to be back in the game... feels good.

I've been using Vista for a few months now, it really isn't all that bad when you eliminate 75% of the programs in msconfig, turn off that "User Control" crap, and a few other things I forgot.

On topic: Congrats. I actually was wondering where you went. I just figured you were losing interest in Sonic. Impossible!

Wow, that's fucking weird. My HP ze4400 just died, too. They're basically the same thing and I needed to go out and get a new HP:

HP Pavilion 6646

Vista Home Premium

2gig RAM

180gig HDD

AMD X2 Dual Core Anal Raping 1.something CPU

LightScribe, DVD+-RW, 5-in-1 card reader, remote control, handjob giver, etc

12-cell battery (5 hours of battery life huzzah)

All for $800 at Circuit City.

Rokkkkkk

my laptop is kool

off the top of my head,

AMD turion 64 x2 @ 1.6ghz

nvidia geforce go 6150

a 160gb hard drive

idk some audio i do not care about

idk some dvd writing drive i do not care about

and of course, i removed vista and installed sabayon linux

the thing was like, $700 or so canadian, a few months ago

edit: oh right i have a giggerbite of ram

The Laptops my school leases us aren't bad until I came around:

Windows XP Tablet Edition

I dunno about the graphics card

512 MB RAM

60 gigs of hardrive space

No CD drive. Sad face.

My Home compy which I hardly use:

Windows XP Media Center

Sucky graphics card(I wanna play BattleField 2142)

2GB RAM

320 Gigs of unnecessary hard drive space

2 disc drives(CD/DVD)

Anyway, I haven't been here too long to know that you have been inactive but it's good to hear you got a new computer.

That depends on what you have. I'd have to hear them to remember which ones I still need, but most of them I could recompose off the top of my head if I wanted to.

because you're a fuckin stud

I have everything you've ever made that you've released (and we both know you sent me a lot on AIM) so if there's anything you need you can come to me too. I was wondering where you went, I'm glad you weren't getting bored of us. <3