A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Guitar Hero III: Legends of ROCK!!!

MaxSonic

So I got GHIII last night, and for the most part I'm impressed. The game looks very cool (although the Wii is capable of better), and the new features seem awesome. I was playing Career mode, and all of a sudden Tom Morello from RATM challenges me to a duel. I have not tried the Online mode yet. So far I only have two problems. One is that the guitar leans against my lower arm when I hold it, and gets uncomfortable to play for extended periods. The other is the song selection. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad selection. But all the songs I really wanted are in the first two. Iron Man, Freebird, Godzilla, Carry on my wayward son, Message in a Bottle, Dead! I really hope you can download older songs online (you probably can for 360, but I'm playing Wii). I'm going to test out multiplayer tommorow. So who else has it?

The wii version may have downloadable content in the future. I beat the game today on hard. The last boss is psychotic...then you hit the credits and get an awesome surprise

DRAGON FORCE!

during the credits.

HOLY HELL YES

I don't really see how thats a spoiler. I've known about that forever, and its really the only reason I want to play it.

well some peeps don't know, and it's just so awesome how they present the fact that you've unlocked the song, so i don't want to ruin it for people. I for one though love most of the tracks they've thrown into this game, the muse song is probably one of my favorites...and metallica's one has one of my all time favorite guitar solos in any song.

If they weren't charging full price for this I'd bite for the PS2 version, having the guitar already and all that. But I can't justify a +60€ purchase when Rock Band (arguably a more complete and overall superior game*) is coming. Granted I'll have to get a new system first but I'm working on that too! :P

Glad to hear people here have been enjoying it, I know I'll end up buying one of the "next gen" GH3s to play with the RB guitar, eventually - by then the game should be cheap to find.

Haven't been following this much, but any news on whether they'll put up the older songs for download? I want to replay some GH1 favorites (Take it Off <3) but I simply cannot go back to that after the more polished GH2 gameplay (can't do the hammer ons/pull offs in GH1 to save my life).

*: Don't Fear the Reaper + Mic serves as Cowbell = Superior game. This is fact.

Well, RB *IS* a more multiplayer-oriented game, whereas GH3 goes for the single player friendly approach, no doubt about that. Furthermore, as a multi-peripheral game the track selection in Rock Band can have the ocassional song where your preffered instrument doesn't get too much playtime.

Price... well, GH3 + Guitar I'd need for the next gen system is 100€. For 60€ more I can get the whole pack of stuff in RB and my sister can play the drums/vocals along if she wants, or I could simply wait for the [game+one instrument] bundle which will be cheaper, probably 100€ too, while the CPU or online friends take over the rest. And the RB guitar is supposedly better.

As far as game quality... pretty much everyone I know that has played the demo/preview code agrees it's a significantly superior game.

Songlists are subjective of course.

I heard something about Red Octane partnering with iTunes to provide more tracks once the game is out... Something like 1300 split up into compilations, including previous guitar hero tracks.

I too am waiting for Rock Band I mean in my opinion it is the real GH3 because its made by the guys that made the first two. Plus GH3 seems like just more of the same. Rock Band is like an evolution of GH which is what sequels should be in my opinion.

Go tell that to the people that have made countless DDR, beatmania, para para paradise etc etc iterations...same shit different songs, it's what people like, and I dunno why that bothers you people.

Rock Band does look impressive, but I'll stick with GHIII for a while. Although I love my Wii, I got it for 360 because overall, it would be better(downloadable content). Beat the game on easy and medium and in the process of hard. I've heard you've had to beat the game on Expert to unlock Through the Fires and Flames but that was quickly disproved quickly. I went to my local GameStop at midnight(woot) and purchased the game. My friends and I stayed up 'til around 6:30 in the morning. The only reason we actually went to sleep is because my mom made us. My friend almost beat the game for me on expert(he owned all the GH's) and he also had a copy so we'd eventually break off from career and play some multiplayer. Ahh, what a fun night.

I too am waiting for Rock Band I mean in my opinion it is the real GH3 because its made by the guys that made the first two. Plus GH3 seems like just more of the same. Rock Band is like an evolution of GH which is what sequels should be in my opinion.

Because Guitar Hero was a completley original idea, and had nothing to do with this