A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Fellow Guitarists!

sonic101

I've seen a few people on here that play guitar, so i figured why not make a topic to show off our skills? i can start if you like, ive only been playing a year and im mostly self tought so dont expect godly skills, I'm not bad but not great heh.

' me video is on youtube, sorry bout the laggy video i took the recording at ngiht with my webcam so heh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eslsrBnMdA

:)

LAUGH AT ME AND YOU'LL MAKE ME CRY :( :( :(

I've no right to luagh, My skills pale in comparision to all the other guitarists near me so I know how it would feel heh.

EDIT: Okay I watched the video, your not to bad actually, I cant play with others worth crap just yet but i should really just pick a song and keep trying to play along with it. Also nice rack of swords my bro has a rack downstairs aswell.

You play pretty good for only 3 months, and no you dont look stupid holding a guitar at all, i thihnk it suits you, just keep practing and practice your scales and you'll get better in no time.

Guest Shadix

If I would devote myself a bit I'd probably get good... I've been focusing all my resources at learning to mix and play the piano as of late.

I've gotten a bit better since then. At the time I made the video, a bit over 2 months, though now a bit over 3.

I'll record myself playing more when I learn a new song.

I look forward to it, has anyone viewed my vid? All those tunes were just made up on the spot minus the rift from sweet child o mine heh...

Well, I only have a beginner guitar (copy of a Telecaster by an Australian company (Legend)) and the complement amp. Both are rather bad, and I'm looking at buying an Epiphone SG or a Squier Telecaster or Strat.

KoE: Try learning some chord-based songs before moving onto licks and riffs.

Green Day - Time of Your Life

Foo Fighters - Times Like These (acoustic)

Hunters and Collectors - Throw You Arms Around Me

James Blunt - You're Beautiful (this song will introduce you to Barre chords)

..would be a good place to start. I also recommend Ultimate-Guitar's feature "Steal This Video" by a member called pickngrin who takes you through lots of different techniques.

Guest Shadix

What is up with bands and "Addiction", the band I used to be in was called "Sweet Addiction", of course they were progressive metal which automatically makes them awesome :E.

"I'm trying to teach myself. It doesnt work though, cos i still cant play anything."

Same here, only I have 2 amps, a guitar and a bass. Biggest waste of money ever. I should've just bought a mic for singing and one of those drum synths I forget the name of.

"I'm trying to teach myself. It doesnt work though, cos i still cant play anything."

Same here, only I have 2 amps, a guitar and a bass. Biggest waste of money ever. I should've just bought a mic for singing and one of those drum synths I forget the name of.

I actually bought a mic when i bought my guitar. I've had a go at singing a few times, but it had terrible results.

Yeah, I play guitar. I only play stuff that doesn't suck. AC/DC, Gun N' Roses, and such. None of that whimpy crap!

I more a alter bridge, sound garden, stone temple pilots, institue/bush,creed kinda guy myself but still much respect for the oldschool guys like gnr and ac/dc, van halen ect. i like a wide variety :)