A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Who loves their dreamcast?

Who loves their dc? I love my dc. I love it so much i'd design a woman made out of a DC suit just for it to have a love interest.

However, my DC has betrayed me. IT WON'T LOAD ANYTHING.

Now I'm gonna try calibrating the gd-rom thingy when i get ahold of a screwdriver for the job *damnit!* but has anyone else go any suggestions? I've tried cd-r "backups" and regular gd-roms thus far.

What were you doing in the weeks before it stopped loading? For example, I've noticed that if I play Propeller Arena (which was never released, so it's burned on a CDR) more than a few times, my DC has a hard time loading stuff. Eventually it goes back to normal...it might be a quirk.

Guest Shadix
Who loves their dc? I love my dc. I love it so much i'd design a woman made out of a DC suit just for it to have a love interest.

However, my DC has betrayed me. IT WON'T LOAD ANYTHING.

Now I'm gonna try calibrating the gd-rom thingy when i get ahold of a screwdriver for the job *damnit!* but has anyone else go any suggestions? I've tried cd-r "backups" and regular gd-roms thus far.

Just be careful and make sure you are messing with the right screw... I messed up many times and I'm not quite sure what I did that made it work again.

I LUFF MY DC though :3.

Yea.. using bootleg games seems to make DC act stupid about loading things. Ikaruga's particularly been being an idiot, as has Soul Calibur. Skies of Arcadia and Power Stone 2 seem to work fine though, as do my non-bootleg ones.

I need to find more games for it. I'm thinking like.. Guilty Gear or Marvel vs Capcom 2. You know.. something that's just really awesome to kill people with. I would burn off GTA2, but I have it for PC so that'd be kind of a waste of a CDR.

Guest Shadix
Yea.. using bootleg games seems to make DC act stupid about loading things. Ikaruga's particularly been being an idiot, as has Soul Calibur. Skies of Arcadia and Power Stone 2 seem to work fine though, as do my non-bootleg ones.

I need to find more games for it. I'm thinking like.. Guilty Gear or Marvel vs Capcom 2. You know.. something that's just really awesome to kill people with. I would burn off GTA2, but I have it for PC so that'd be kind of a waste of a CDR.

That has to do with faulty burns, happens all the time. I'd recommend burning at a slower speed so things burn right so the DC doesn't act retarded. Also, there have been several occasions where I've d/l'ded bad rips as well.

My mom bought me mine for my b-day when it came out (9-9-99!) and I found it and played it and tried to put it back in the box but forgot to put the instructions back so she found out and I lied and said it was my friends. She didn't believe me but I still had to wait till my bday to play again. My first copy of Sonic Adventure didn't work and I almost had a heart attack waiting to finally play it.

I got my first dc , the day it came out aswell, Id been saving for 3 months when i came home my mom had taken the money and got it all for us(including SA1) as a surprise before i came home from school, i played that game for 2 whole days with out sleep lol