A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Overload 2!

null1024

Oh yes, good point Godmaster.

The bosses I played were exactly the same thing most of the time. You had to hit some square box, while avoiding missiles in various ways, usually involving springs.

Overall, with the stuff you've done. And the many complaints about level design... there is absolutely no reason not to start over from scratch and make a decent engine. You have to change the levels around completely anyway, so it's no more painful if you want to make a decent fangame to just start from new.

*reads all pages in thread but stops at page three*

Well, not many people like SOL2 (Sonic Overload 2), but that's all going to change with the Epsilon engine (coded by me and Beninnator).

It's not called Epsilon Engine NULL!!!!!

Anyway, this engine is 100% better than Null's engine. This engine is still being worked on but I'll give you what it looks like so far. Please PM me and give me some feedback on the Engine. Compare Null's engine to the engine that Null and I,Benniantor, made.

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=134333

That's the link to what we have on the engine so far.

Continuing on Topic

The bosses I played were exactly the same thing most of the time. You had to hit some square box, while avoiding missiles in various ways, usually involving springs.

I agree.

But I think there was one boss where you actually hit Eggman but there are two cannon blasters and had so many springs.

Oh, I've also wanted to know something. Why is it that when I just run into a boss and stay there, it counts as one point, but when I jump once at a time, it counts as one faster. (If I don't make sense, just say it and I'll show you screens and stuff)

Too painful.

Sorry if I was sounding harsh dude.

the slopes were origanally for Boost Factory, that's why they look like that.

I was about to ask that question next. Hey Null, if you want, I can get you some sprites on slopes to fit the levels if you want me to.

-----------------------------------------

Overall, I still give you good luck on the game Null.

Yeah... umm... you can't tell much from that.

All that has so far is a grind rail, that when you jump off doesnt change animation, and the fact you can jump and walk. Technically nothing so far shows that it is any better than Nulls current engine.

Btw, 100% better doesn't necessarily mean that much. For EXAMPLE, if Nulls current engine was graded as say a 10, yet on average a Sonic engine is graded at 100. 100% better is only 20, so it'd still be a pretty abysmal engine.

But seriously Null. Saying you MAY. Why not actually LISTEN to the advice that has been given since the very first version of Sonic Overload 2. We've been telling you to redo the engine from the start, to put in slopes, and every time we keep on telling you that. If it's such a big deal to implement slopes into your engine, remake it. Complete your Epsilon engine or whatever it's called, but don't release half-assed demo's that fix up like 1 or 2 things we mention.

Cool music for that test level! :)

Theres only a few things that havent been put in Sonic Overload 2 that are in that engine.

Fancy Thumbs up...

Slopes that dont stick... (Boost factory anyone?)

A falling sprite...

And other thingymabobs.

BTW, can I have the music for the test level?