A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Realtime Weapon Change!

Salomon

I hate Xbox with all my might. Wii and PS3. When the PS3 price drops, the world wold have ended.

Why do you hate XBox? I wasn't fond of it, but I see no reason to hate it. It's not like they overhyped their product in a way that... oh, I don't know... killed a favorite console of yours.

I loved that whole movie. The commercials were the best part.

"I hurrd dem graphiks wuz amazin'" -is that all people care about anymore? I never put a great emphasis on graphics, hence the $70 memory card that barely allows me to play Battlefield 2 and LEGO Star Wars.

Then the totally tripping kid: "I'm going to play you...then...I'm gonna beat you...and you won't even know..." I don't think he even knows either. Worst ad ever.

"I like how Sony bashed M$ for having 2 different 360 packages, and yet...2 different PS3 packages..."

MS's 1st package is a complete and utter ripoff whereas Sony's isnt'. It's quite easy to see.

"t's not like they overhyped their product in a way that... oh, I don't know... killed a favorite console of yours."

Dah.. Druh.. Dreeaaamcastt. ::sobs:: ;-;

You know, I really didn't find this funny. It's actually pretty sad.

I don't really have anything against Sony. I'm just not buying a PS3 because it's too expensive, and most of the games on it don't appeal to me.

Again, it suprizes me how much we think alike. :(

*cries* *looks at a certain VG* *cries again*

*Passes you a tissue*

*explodes*

MS's 1st package is a complete and utter ripoff whereas Sony's isnt'. It's quite easy to see.

What about that is quite easy to see exactly? The lack of HD support or the lack of possibility in reaching the console's alleged potential because it is missing crucial ports in the back?

What about that is quite easy to see exactly? The lack of HD support or the lack of possibility in reaching the console's alleged potential because it is missing crucial ports in the back?

Lack for HD only in movies - games are still HD. But if you care about these, you simply get the "premium model". I'm sure after dropping thousands of money on a 1080p TV, a extra hundred isn't much of a concern. Isn't the ICT being pushed back to 2011 or something, anyways? If so, you don't need HDMI for movies until it's activated.

Aside the HDMI input, the rest of the parts are upgradable one way or another:

WiFi- Add on for the PS3. You can still connect with wires, obviously.

Memory slots- Used by cameras and PSP. However, you can always get a cheap USB thumb drive if you have to transfer data.

60Gb HDD- From what I've read, you'll be able to stick any 2.5" laptop hard drive in the PS3. So you can get the 20GB version and upgrade to 80GB for ~$80 if you're really so desperate for space. Unlike the X360, you don't have to buy 1st party overpriced crap ($100 for a 20Gb(!) HDD).

Simply put, if you just want to play games the 1st pack is more than enough. Hell, it's some sort of a "X360 Premium Plus".

Core 360 lacks Backwards Compatibility (it's not exactly awesome, but at least it's something), patches & updates, the custom soundtrack thingy and, above all, game improvements (especially load times). Yes, you can play them... but worse than the premium version.

There's a reason the Core isn't selling hot, precisely. And many Core users ended up buying a HDD, so they paid the same as the premium while getting less features.

Core 360 lacks Backwards Compatibility (it's not exactly awesome, but at least it's something), patches & updates, the custom soundtrack thingy and, above all, game improvements (especially load times). Yes, you can play them... but worse than the premium version.

There's a reason the Core isn't selling hot, precisely. And many Core users ended up buying a HDD, so they paid the same as the premium while getting less features.

and Peter Moore just said that Backwards Compatibility isn't there focus anymore. I mean if it was so difficult they should have just skipped it instead of flaunting it and having it hit the fan like it has now. I wouldn't have cared about BC if they didn't advertise it like they did, telling people eventually most games would be added.

Looks like Nintendo is the only one headed on the right path. (and it's wierd for me saying that seeing as Nintendo is my least favorite company)

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/06/01/xbox-bc-not-a-priority-says-moore/

Guest Shadix

Honestly, what was there for the XBOX that is truly worth having Backwards compatibility with anyways?

Panzer Dragoon ORTA, Otogi, JSRF, Ninja Gaiden...

With the exception of the last one, the others I mentioned still aren't compatible for example. And no, Barbie Horse Adventures isn't a suitable replacement =P Furthermore, many "already compatible" games have issues running and require more polishing.

So if they're going to finish updating, the last patches better be huge.