A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

3D 360 Engine - Early Tests

Boo...get off the stage.

We've heard this from new guys like you for years now, 'k?

What? I praise the work of the people on the site, you don't like it. I agree with the other posters, you don't like it. What gives?

The games of today are on a scale such that business-oriented development is the only way to make games (there are different ways to run a business, mind you). And I think the widely-romanticized era of a small group of programmers making a game for fun in his spare time and then it becoming an amazing profitable commercial hit is just that: romanticized. If you want to make a game for fun today, you can. And you probably have 1000 times more of a chance to make and find a fanbase for your game than they did 15 years ago.

Yes, I agree that good games can still be made today. I appreciate it when companies to make great games. I just think that Sega can do better. (They have shown in the past that they are capable of better work.) Then again, I may be a little nostalgic.

I guess I accidentally brought this thread off-topic with a general statement, so I will end the off-topic discussion here. Sorry.

What? I praise the work of the people on the site, you don't like it. I agree with the other posters, you don't like it. What gives?

What was that Captain Oblivious? You say you were praising Mark's work? Sorry, all I see is talk about Sega and how inept they are when it comes to making 3D Sonics. You weren't praising anything, just shitting on Sega. Nice try, but I win again.

Seriously, this applies to everybody...THIS THREAD IS NOT A SEGA DISCUSSION. Holy shit, we KNOW that Sega sucks at 3D, ok? We've read these posts for years now, so just fucking stop.

• 6 months later...
Seriously, this applies to everybody...THIS THREAD IS NOT A SEGA DISCUSSION. Holy shit, we KNOW that Sega sucks at 3D, ok? We've read these posts for years now, so just fucking stop.

Wow, almost 3 pages about "how SEGA should make games". Now I can see why Slingerland was getting annoyed.

Anyways, the engine is very nice. I do have an issue with the camera, though. Personally, I like 3th person games where you don't need to manually control the camera. If you still want to keep the mouse controls perhaps you could allow the user to choose what type of camera he/she wants. Just a suggestion.