A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Nintendo's Wii has a price.

Koray

Is it just me or has like.. very little time actually gone in Super Smash Bros. This was the kind of thing I'm talking about. You can look at it and pick out what games the models they're using came from. Pickachu and Kirby are obviously the same models from SSMB, Zelda from TP, Solid Snake from MGS2. And Zero Suit Samus just looks.. odd.

The Wii is still going to be an awesome system though.

Look closer at the Pikachu model. The polygon count increases a good bit. However, I still don't think the model is complete and would be more enthusiastic about it if they incorporated fur shaders onto the little rat bastard. I'm pretty sure that Kirby not changing was a joke since they were still using place holder graphics. If you look at when they transform, Kirby looks disappointed that he doesn't look hotter while the other 3 do.

What is there to change on him? he's a pink ball. with red shoes. He's so simplistic that there's nothing to change at all.

Well, being him a sphere for the most part, updating his model should be really simple. So they have no excuse for doing so in the final version ;D

And yes, Snake's model consists on a considerably better MGS2 body + Naked Snake's head (MGS3).

What is there to change on him? he's a pink ball. with red shoes. He's so simplistic that there's nothing to change at all.

Nevertheless, you can very clearly see polygon lines on a low resolution video (320x240). Granted, it was a close-up.

I'm tired of the PkM battle system.-_-

You'll be buying a wii and 360 for the price of a PS3.... plus the price of.... *Wikipedia has a problem* NOOOOOOOOO! I can't find something that costs US$26.00! :rael:

I cheap Greatest Hits game=E

Psh.. as far as Pokemon games are concerned I'd still much rather see a realtime battle engine. When you change so little each game that Fire Red version plays just like Red it's no longer fun. Realtime please. And the 3D attempts so far have been big "mehs."

It's not so much that it's turn based. I mean.. I don't really like turn based in general but if the game really interests me (like Final Fantasy X or Skies of Arcade) I'll give it a play. Pokemon however lost interestes awhile ago and when they finally did something new with Pokemon Colloseum it was.. bad. It was overly repetitive, you couldn't catch pokemon on your own and it was just general crappiness in a can. Sure it interested me at first, but it died off pretty quickly. And the majority of that had to do with giving me a rare (or maybe they aren't rare anymore.. it's been awhile since they were first introduced?) pokemon, who wasn't exactly weak to begin with, at the beginning of the game and forcing me to do something as sappy as "unlock the doors to their heart." You can't catch any pokemon that aren't dark, and that makes it quite boring. Combine that with the fact that this is virtually the same engine from Pokemon Red/Blue only in 3D with not-so-great battle scenes makes it even worse. That's pretty much what made me quit, I couldn't sit there for that long trying to catch some dark pokemon that would take even longer battles to unlock it's heart, when the battles looked crappy. Give me a realtime battle system, and perhaps I'll play again.

Edit: Pokemon XG? I though it was XP or something that ended up looking like an emoticon. And.. I didn't think that had sprites. o.O

IMO, I think they need to get rid of alot of these Pokemon. Perhaps do a reboot, and keep all the well-known and loved ones (Charmander, Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Blastoise) pretty much all the ones from the original and popular ones from the other few and keep it at that. I think Pokemon would make an awesome 3D MMORPG. Think about it, design a character, catch a Pokemon battle actual other trainers. I don't get why Nintendo hasn't done it yet.. wait.. actually I do.. no online, but that's pretty much what Pokemon's always been about brining it online into a sprawling RPG would just own so much. THAT would make me settle for the turn based system all on it's own. And quite frankly it's not my fault they have so many useless Pokemon that they can't animate them. >.>

Well, being him a sphere for the most part, updating his model should be really simple. So they have no excuse for doing so in the final version ;D

And yes, Snake's model consists on a considerably better MGS2 body + Naked Snake's head (MGS3).

Please tell me you're not actually suggesting Snake's SSBB model is actually just an edit of the MGS2 model. It's quite obviously a brand-new one.

Animations for 350+ sprites that are detailed? Do you realize how much work that would entail? Not to mention the vast amounts of potential moves... it was crazy enough when they had various growling animations and such in Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2.

Well this is solved very easily.

Just do the 151 pokemon.

Ya know, the pokemon that don't suck.

Guest Shadix
Well this is solved very easily.

Just do the 151 pokemon.

Ya know, the pokemon that don't suck.

That'd be 150 then, since Majikarp sucks >\\\