A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

BioShock: the next Half-Life 2

HeroSublime

So BioShock is releasing soon, and I for one, am planning on getting this baby for PC and playing the hell out of it. I bought an 8800 GTX and this is exactly what I wanted it for. I know most of you have openly admitted to owning very low performance PCs. But that's what XBox 360 is for!(Though if you use XBox 360 on this game you're probably missing out on the full effect)

I haven't been interested in a game's release in quite awhile, but BioShock is showing those traits of innovation and groundbreaking design that were present in other revolutionary and fantastic games like Half-Life 2. Reviews are coming in from all over the board with astonishingly positive results. I highly recommend everyone to play this game!

Anyone else excited about this title?

The game looked interesting when I first saw it... I just downloaded the demo last night for the 360 and didn't get a chance to play it yet...

I'll let you know my impressions when I do...

*edit* Played it and was wowed... Yet freaked out at the same time...

It started off feeling a bit like Half Life 2, with the propaganda videos and such... Presentation from the very beginning of the game was fantastic... From the random piano key presses every time you move the menu cursor, to the atmospheric effects...

Now, basically, your character is thrown right into the mess, with little delay. It makes for many WTF moments... You'll be doing things that aren't clear to your character, or even you, but you'll be reluctantly doing them... Like when you first submerge, and when you first get your powers...

Atmosphere was eerie, and very artistic. Sound design made the game seem more freaky and eerie, and borderline scary...

The hacking minigame made me lul, and remember the old Windows Entertainment Pack Pipedream days, because, well, that's what it was... Nice easter egg(?) for those who knew it...

All in all, this seems like it will be a game to watch...

I played it on an old 42" Sony Rear Projection TV, and I can see what an HD set would do for this game... I do have an HD projector I could hook the 360 up to (just got that yesterday, Elite) but I'm too lazy to actually do it... (requires moving celing tiles...) But the game looked great nontheless and still had an eerie look and feel, yet amazingly artistic...

Surround Sound completed the feel...

I played the 360 demo today and it was a fucking blast. The game is soooo beautiful and so well done. Combat has a ton of options to go into the fray, and the plasmids are awesome. I can see this game doing a lot of the moral choice thing, especially with the little sisters and big daddies.

Took like a full day to d/l the game off steam, but WOW. They weren't kidding about those water effects. The presentation value is just other worldly and the encounters with resident psychopaths keeps me at the edge of my seat, constantly! I dunno that it's "better" than HL2 at this point, but it is seriously cool.

I'm at the gardens stage now. This game is definitely the next half life 2. I'm having a fucking blast playing through. The first little sister they give you the choice to save or kill....they make it hard. I felt bad for the little girl cowering in a corner while I sat there making my choice

My brother just bought the game, it looks fun, but at the same time he makes it seem so boring... Insted of actually playing the game, all he does is walk around, search every dead ody and object for money or items, and he just makes the game seem really dull. I'm waiting or him to beat it so I can play through it myself. As for getting it for PC, out of the question. This ol' pile of garbage can hardly handle FEAR.