A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Big Help Thread

Koray

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's possible on this board to disable that "Thank you user! Please wait while forum is redirecting you" screen, which appears after logging in/changing profile/etc.

It would be more convenient if this screen was disabled, as it would save time and traffic.

Serious problem: I can't seem to use an avatar I stored on the hosting MikeL provided me on his web server. vBulletin (which is not a very good forum package sgadgadha) calls http://mikelim0.cjb.net:1337/knuxt15/buddyicon[1].gif invalid, when it is not.

EDIT: Fuzz, clicking "Go Advanced" will take you to the regular post reply page, with a preview of your post.

EDITEDIT: I was able to upload my avatar, but it would have been nice to use one on another server (so all I would have to do is replace one file to change my avatar on several forums...)

It does not like my server :(

And like I said, it doesn't like the colon in the URL.
Ah, didn't see that.
Also, why is vB not a very good "Forum package"? If you don't like it, please leave. You only show up once a year to pump up your e_____ a bit and act like you are smart.
No, I lurk as well. =)

I don't think it's working. BTW, removing that "Thanks for posting, now wait to be redirected" message is pretty easy.

Just add:

header("Location: $location");[/PHP]

Before any of the outputs(Where $location is the variable holding the value inserted into the javascript redirection code) of the message page... And you're done.

If you already know this... Sorry.

Look, it's working fine. Rep is logged. The 1 is your POWER. If your power was 5, it would multiply each rep given to you by 5. Right now everyone is at power 1.

Displaying actuall rep is begging for abuse.

Regarding Mr. Mark, yes I know how to use header() thanks. I'm sort of Zend certified so I have to know.

Also, I wouldn't even have to do that, because you can turn it off by pressing a button in the admin panel. There is NO REASON to turn it off. I hate people who nitpick about something that pops up for 2 seconds. It just provides visual confirmation, you would still wait that time if I turned it off.

It just provides visual confirmation, you would still wait that time if I turned it off.

I think it's a good thing. That screen is kind of like the confirmation screen when you use PayPal or something. If it helps double posting the same message then it's real cool... (BTW...Does it do that, Koray or is it just a visual confirmation?)

What is the use? It gets you things. Rep gets you upgraded user groups with upgraded features.. prizes once the shop mod is installed.. and hopefully eventually a built in hosting area will allow me to upgrade your hosting package based on rep.

• 2 weeks later...