A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Public groups?

1LT Worm

Which is why I said it would make a good first step. And it doesn't have to be complex either. You just give permissions to view and post in some thread-like object based on group and maybe a 2-3 level group permission type thing. We could evolve it from something very basic as well.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anime has nothing to do with SFGHQ or even game creation... so I'm not sure why such a club would exist here.

I refer to them as "guilds" because they are supposed to be groups of users based on skills, not interests. The idea was to try and promote teamwork projects by organizing the various skills more clearly. Also, we were considering th epossability of "paid" work (see the topic on forum currency and rewards) which you would have access to by being part of a guild... as an incentive to actually help each other with projects.

=Smidge=

Guest Shadix
can i be president of the composer club?

Considering you are the most proficient at it :P. Shouldn't it just be a musician club though since not all musician's compose; some remix, some just cover, some just pretend. I doubt there are enough music people here to constitute multiple music-related clubs.

• 1 month later...
Ah the typical "oldbie" group thing. As much as that would be sweetnus, it'd only bring problems, as always.
oldbie group would cause some problems, but epon and i will beat up anyone who gets in the way. :]

This is probably what he was talking about. xD

I never understood why everyone got angry at that. It's a fact that people that have been here for 5+ years would go into the oldbie group whereas theose that haven't would be middlebies or newbies.

And people got angry. It's exactly like an anime lovers group or something. You don't get in if you don't fit the criteria.

Because, in all honesty, it really has NOTHING to do with the time spent here, but rather contributions to the community during that time. We'll use Diablohead for example. He and I came approximatly around the same time back in the day, yo. But needless to say, he's thrown us a LOT more material to use then I have.

So see, time wouldn't effect choice here, but rather, contributions. That make sense? :E