A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Super Sonic Knockout: It's time for Beta 3.3!

Vexus

Well that was the case... If I didn't leave some variables the way they were supposed to be...

To unlock Omega in Beta 3.2 you must finish 1 2-player vs match. It doesn't matter if there isn't someone else to fight with XD. To unlock Twinkle Snow you must have 15 of the 18 emblems. However seeing that the item spawning thing is glitchy it might not be the best idea and you might want to wait for the bug-fix release.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been working on this still, just in case you were wondering XD.

I have a nice list of bug fixes I have done for Beta 3.3 and I would like to share them. Quite a few of them were found by myself XD:

> The saving/loading system now functions correctly because sound is handled differently

> Knuckles P2 no longer creates an error when hit by Omega's UP+2 attack

> All COM controlled characters are now affected by Omega's UP+2 attack

> Omega COM attacking errors have been fixed

> Attacks are now stopped if the player goes through a dash ring

> You will now be told if you aquire the 'Beaten: Sonic Story' emblem

> You now must win 3 single-player matches to unlock Rouge

> You now must win 3 multiplayer matches to unlock Omega

> Attack masks are now larger, so you don't have to be really close to attack someone

> Itemboxes now appear correctly in Twinkle Snow arena

> Itemboxes no longer spawn in Extra Missions

> Dying in a set battle on Sonic Stage 2 will not cause an error

> you won't hear landing sounds at the start of Stage 2

> Bullets being fired from Egg Pawns now do damage

> Error no longer occurs on Sonic Extra Stage 3 if you don't beat Knuckles and Tails together.

> A text error in the Game Stats menu has been fixed

> Performing a successful Chaos attack on Sonic Extra Stage 3 will now work perfectly

> Glitch where strong winds can affect characters throughout the game is fixed

> Tails' Arena now spawns items at the correct speed

> Graphic glitch in Replay mode when changing stories has been fixed

There are some major bugs that are fixed, others not so important, and others found today O_o. I really should have held beta 3.2 back if I knew how glitch-worthy it was.

This list doesn't include other changes I've made to the game. You'll have to wait for the full list to come with the game.

• 2 weeks later...

newbetapromobj4.png

This was supposed to be released a week ago. But I made a date and actually stuck to it. I've gone through everything I possibly could up to this point and I've tested the download links, the zip content and the game one last time to insure that this bug-fix beta is truely the one you've all been waiting for.

The bug-fix and changes list has almost doubled since I bug-fix list I posted not too long ago. If you want to see them then you only need to look in the manual.

On another note. If you have any questions regarding the game's mechanics, story, development and content... I am now willing to answer more questions on those matters because I want to be more open to you all. Ask nicely and I might be inclined to give out more secret information regarding the game ;D.

huzzah! D/Ling now

EDIT: 1 bug so far, i got shot by the first eggpawn on the bottom of the 2nd stage, and this error message popped up:

bug1sl4.jpg (i meant to get the whole screen, but it turns out alt-prntscn only does that box - my bad)

i pressed ignore and carried on playing, went back to the pawn that caused the error and got a CTD

Played your demo. Thanks for fixing sale/load bug, it was very annoying.

About demo: VERY wellmade, I didn't find any bugs at all (errors doesn't count). AI is rather smart but sometimes it is acting stupid. Your game (demo) is the best fanmade sonic fighting (besides amy one girl army) I ever played.

P.S. And Omega's air attack is too cheap. I can easily defeat anyone with it. Please balance it.

@Khorney

There's always one XD. Projectiles have been doing me up lately and I'm not sure why. All the other projectiles seem to work though, so meh. At least it wasn't a fatal error. Everyone at the SSMB seems to have caught onto this aswell. So I'll attempt fixing it up when I can.

@Felik the velik

AI is hard, but I'm always willing to improve. As long as it acts smart most of the time, then it's passable I suppose. And I suppose Omega could do with balancing, being the strongest character in the beta. I'll get onto it.

EDIT: And thankyou for the compliment. I've played One Girl Army and that was really good. I'm glad you enjoy SSK.

Why don't you try to make some rpg/quest elements during "adventure" fields (when you defeat eggpawns) for example potions, usable items, searching for keys or key items, inventory, artifacts etc?

About omega: the cheapest thing is that he can use his air attack multiple times while in midair. Maybe you should allow him to use it only once while he is in the air until he lands and jumps again?

I noticed that I never set up a limit for Omega's air attack. But I've now changed that. In the next build you'll only be able to do twice per jump.

Also, I will expand on the platform styled levels. Sonic stage 2 is pretty much finished, but the 4 main characters have like 3 platform stages each. I'll be more creative in the future. In future platforming levels, I intend to have players pick up items like keys, turn things on etc. Health up itemboxes will also become available, as will checkpoints.

In Demo 3, Sonic's Stage 5 will also be a platforming stage.

Crap. I forgot about DKO situations entirely. I'll need to fix that and there are some ways around it. I'll probably just disable hazard damage once the match is over and that shouldn't take long to sort out. The reason it wouldn't continue is because someone must start a winning pose to proceed... oh well, avoid DKOs in the future XD.

Wow this game is that great. I played the first one and that one was good but this one tops it all. Great job man! I definatly can't wait for the final version. This is a game that I would keep on my hard drive along Neo Sonic Godspeed and some others. 10/10!

I love this game (demo at least) but I want to make a suggestion.

I see that you have platforming levels and fighting levels and that makes me wonder:

Can you make race levels too like in Sonic Rivals?

Anyway this is a good game already so you don't have to implement it

And there is something that bothers me

Why do I have to do a Heavy Combo for CHAOS meter charge???

For example we could press Attack1 + Attack 2 to get into a CHAOS meter charging stance (I'm thinking about the healing sprites of Sonic Battle)

Keep up the good work

Racing levels have been a consideration. But I wouldn't delve on it too much because the game is primarily a fighter. I could be possible to have races, but none have been planned story or otherwise.

Now about charging chaos... that is impossible. Chaos cannot be gained like in Sonic Battle, it has to be gained through stylish play. Successfully landing a heavy combo is one such thing because they are usually slower combos to do and as a result should be given a small reward.

Other things that boost up chaos are getting itemboxes, performing a well-timed guard, recovering from being knocked-back, and (mostly) doing combos. I actually have no intention for a healing mechanic. as the game would get too easy with it.

On another note I'm just gonna say progress is slowing, mainly due to college. I've also been working on the story of the game... it is coming along very well and it's actually making sense and is, of course, without plotholes as it stands.

I think that you are thinking that I can't play? NO way!

I just want finish them off more quickly so I asked that CHAOS charging stuff.

and when I told about the healing sprites I was saying that you might use healing sprites for CHAOS charge and since you not gonna do that.Oh well.

combos, recovers, blast combos are easy

the item boxes are the risky ones(there might be a Chaos Scale item in there and mess up with your nearly filled CHAOS bar)

45-100 seconds are too long for me(that's the average time for me)

and It's a good thing that you fixed the save/load thingy

about the cutscene input stuff

I liked the change in Knuckles' script if you miss

"Don't think I didn't see it.Sonic you're getting sloppy" that one made me laugh. Nice job!

and there is a bug that happens when both players are Tails and one of them hit the other with a Dash+2 or Jump+2 attack(well I was the player 1 and the COM was 2)

If I remember anything else I'll be posting again. 'till then

Keep up the good work!