A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Spider-Man 3

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i read what you said.

PCO, regardless, it all couldnt be the way you wanted because:

1) it was on a 3 hour time limit. I believe they fit it in as best as they could.

2 *most important thing i mentioned*) They might not be doing another one. The movie really diddnt feel to Crowded to me at all, except for the meteorite. Although im sure if you were making out with the woman you love in a romantic location, i dont believe making sure to watch for falling meteors would be a huge priority.

3) Your still baseing the movie off the comic book / Tv show. Although Venom WAS a normal like Villian in the comic book, they cant give him the exact same personallity in a movie. Almost every problem with this movie is coming from the same reasons we hate most of the Sonic Games of late (save for Next, that was actully just horrible) :

Its not what you were expecting.

I myself never watched enough of spiderman to care too much for the storyline of venom, so it really diddnt bother me how he got on the planet. But had it not happened that way, the outcome still would have been the same, so i dnot see all the fuss.

I just think its childish to hate a movie because the director diddnt recreate everything perfectly how it was in the old shows/comic books. But then again, i respect your opionion and where your coming from.

Actully, the only sadly put together plot moment in the movie for me is when peter handed his science professor a sample of the symboite, and instead of realizing he's found a very bizarre, unidentified and obviously unearthly creature, he acted like he was studing a cricket or something.

1) 3 hours is too god damn long in the first place. They should of made the movie shorter and made it solely about venom or solely about Green Goblin or solely about Sandman. Quit acting like they HAD to have all these mother fuckers in there, because they didn't. Even if it was the last movie (which it isn't), they could of made it SOLELY about Green Goblin and been JUST FINE. If we needed to fit in all the spiderman villains, let's fucking do Shocker ,

Hobgoblin, Arcade, Doctor Doom, Demogoblin, Hydro-man, High Evolutionary, the Rhino, Red skull, Prowler, Mysterio, Vulture, Electro, Kraven, Kingpin, Scorpion, Lizard and mother fucking Michael Morbious while we're at it. Oh right, WE DON'T NEED ALL THESE FUCKERS NOW DO WE?!

2) They ARE doing another movie, it's been stated that they will be doing 4 movies for a long ass time. It was even said on the Spiderman 2 DVD extras my friend. So no, you're wrong. Also, I'm 100% sure that even if I was making out with a girl, no, even if I was fucking a girl, I'd sure as fuck notice an explosion from a flaming ball of death falling out of the fucking sky a few meters away from me. Shit like that's just a tad hard to miss. Being that they're flaming balls of death and all.

3) I don't blame the director, he did a wonderful job with the script he had, I blame the writer. Also, my version of how the symbiote could be acquired was NOTHING like in the comic and I never said it had to be my way either. Stop saying that I'm comparing it entirely to the comic books, I'm not. My only references have been to the key components of certain characters and or the black suit, never did I say, "THAT'S NOT HOW IT HAPPENED IN THE COMICS!".

Just that they should of done something OTHER than the option they did choose. As for the cartoon, I've hardly even seen it, kthx. Nor do I hate the movie because it wasn't what I expected. In fact, I didn't say I hate it at all. I said it was average.

My big problem with Venom wasn't his personality either. I swear you must've read 3 sentences of my last post and assumed what the rest was about. You keep changing around what I'm saying. I didn't like his voice, yeah. Not necessarily because he had a whacked voice in the comics either. It just seems to me that when you got a big ass, scary, monster looking dude who has no trouble screaming like a big ass, scary, monster looking dude, I damn well expect him to talk, like a big ass, scary, monster looking dude. End of fucking story, kthx. I could not care LESS about "How it was in the comics."

Lastly, it goes beyond the plot problems and the misc. facts I didn't like about it, the movie jumped around like a retarded billy goat, with little real direction***. It was poorly written and the acting could of been better. That's all there is to it. The action sequences saved the movie and it was overall AVERAGE. If I hated it, I'd be calling it a steaming pile of donkey shit.

Please, please, PLEASE, quit putting words in my mouth, I really don't appreciate it. I'm not bitching because it wasn't like the comics, you fool. I fucking LOVED THE LIVING SHIT out of Spider-Man 2 and it was NOTHING like the comics! Oh and I've seen the tv show you keep going on about like, 2 or 3 times ever, kthx.

HERE'S SANDMAN! LOOK MARY JANE! OH SHIT GREEN GOBLIN! OH FUCK BLACK GOO! MORE MARY JANE! HERE'S SANDMAN AGAIN! OH SHIT HARRY IN THE HOSPITAL OH FUCK HE'S NICE AGAIN?! OH FUCK MORE MARRY JANE! OH SHIT SPIDER MAN'S A HERO SANDMAN OH SHIT! WTF BEN PARKER ZOMG?! OH SHIT GREEN GOBLIN'S EVIL AGAIN! PETER CAN PLAY THE PIANO, DANCE AND PIMP SMACK HIS HOES! AWESOME! OMG VENOM SHOOTS OUT OF PETER'S ASSHOLE! OH SHIT 4 WAY FIGHT THAT JUST DROPS OUT OF THE FUCKING SKY! VENOM FINDS SANDMAN NO PROBLEM! HE JUST AUTO ACCEPTS A DEAL WITH SOME FUCKING MONSTER MOTHER FUCKER! HE SURE IS THE GREAT GUY THEY SHOW HIM TO BE IN THE END, MAKING DEALS WITH CRAZY FUCKING MONSTERS! :D JUST AWESOM! OH FUCK VENOM'S DEAD! OH FUCK NOW GREEN GOBLIN IS DEAD! OK SANDMAN, KTHX BYE! WE LUV YOU, UR NOT A CRIMINAL ANYMORE CAUSE YOU SAID SORRY! NEVER MIND ALL THE ARMORED CARS, BANKS AND JEWELRY STORES YOU ROBBED AND SHIT! YOU FUCKING APOLOGIZED! <3 <3 <3! OMG MJ HUGZ! THE END! =O

And MaxSonic, even if you loved it, there's something wrong with you if you're fucking crying at a Spider-Man movie holmes, no offense. That's a little strange. It's Spider-Man, not Casablanca, chill out dude.

Note: This post is meant to be entertaining, funny and is just me ranting about shit. As a result, you may see a large use of the word, "Fuck". Please don't trip, it's just 4 letters, kthx. 

I think that since the suit was new to eddy, the symbiote's actual symbiote-ness didn't take it's full effect. That's why we missed the whole "We are Venom" thing. It was stuck to him all of what, an hour or two in realtime? I suspect that he was just feeling the power and was like "FUCK YEAH SEAKING" without the whole "we" thing.

they could of made it SOLELY about Green Goblin and been JUST FINE. If we needed to fit in all the spiderman villains, let's fucking do Shocker ,

Hobgoblin, Arcade, Doctor Doom, Demogoblin, Hydro-man, High Evolutionary, the Rhino, Red skull, Prowler, Mysterio, Vulture, Electro, Kraven, Kingpin, Scorpion, Lizard and mother fucking Michael Morbious while we're at it.

You forgot Blade. *shot*

It just seems to me that when you got a big ass, scary, monster looking dude who has no trouble screaming like a big ass, scary, monster looking dude, I damn well expect him to talk, like a big ass, scary, monster looking dude. End of fucking story, kthx.

I see where you're coming from, but I think I know why it was like that:

Eddidebrock was the talkative one, so I guess they decided to use his voice to speak.

The symbiote did the screaming because of the damage it accumalated during battle, remember the vibrations? Especially in the bell tower? How it screamed?

I'm assuming it's just two seperate identities living off each other.

(Well, Venom was actually living off Eddie, Eddie just enjoyed it.)

Anyways, I respect everyone's opinion on this movie, whether you liked something or not, it's definitely not something to argue over.

This also bother the hell out of me, but how come Eddie brock got the most out of the Symbiote and not Peter?

It completely transformed Eddie that his teeth became fucked up even without the symbiote over his face. :\

@Azu: Evil Peter sounds WAY better, even Dark peter beats the hell out of that. ;]

no, it did infect his body. That's why he had to tear it off like a biznatch. It just didnt infect him to the degree that it infected Eddie, because Eddie already felt aggressive. Still, if they make a Spiderman 4 (which they will, apparently), I want Venom back and I want it done RIGHT this time

no, it did infect his body. That's why he had to tear it off like a biznatch. It just didnt infect him to the degree that it infected Eddie, because Eddie already felt aggressive. Still, if they make a Spiderman 4 (which they will, apparently), I want Venom back and I want it done RIGHT this time

No, he was tearing the Suit off.

Well, maybe thats just my look on it, but from the way i saw it, when it Infected Eddie, you can see the stress in his skin where it was like Fusing.

Guest Shadix

No, he was tearing the Suit off.

Well, maybe thats just my look on it, but from the way i saw it, when it Infected Eddie, you can see the stress in his skin where it was like Fusing.

Also remember Eddie sported nasty sharp pointy teeth when he was "infected"

it begs the question though, how come he was able to take the suit off whenever he wanted to, and put it in the box (several times), but he needed the bell for the last time? In making spiderman more accessable they've just added a load of unecessary complications

it begs the question though, how come he was able to take the suit off whenever he wanted to, and put it in the box (several times), but he needed the bell for the last time? In making spiderman more accessable they've just added a load of unecessary complications

I think it was because, the symbiote realized peter's intentions to dispose of it, so it held on for dear life.

At first, peter liked it, so the symbiote didn't feel like he would abandon it, even though he took it off every now and then.

The Symboite took Peter's Suit, not his body.

Eddie got infected.

Then how come peter had no suit on when he took off the symbiote in the bell tower? Unless the suit became PART of the symbiote, i dunno.

EDIT: Oh, nvr mind, I saw what you and Aerosol said.