A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Important SAGE Question that you should answer.

Slingerland

Do you approve of "The Sonic Colbert Report" theme of SAGE 11?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you approve of "The Sonic Colbert Report" theme of SAGE 11?

• Yes, that's awesome!
    • No, please select a different theme
    • I don't give a shit.

It's only natural for the new members to be picked on and bullied a bit, because they tend to ignore the rules and make bad descisions.

I only disrespect people if they type with internet grammar or bad grammar in general (lol dude that is teh PWN! FTW!!!) or if they speak highly of themselves when their fangame is 90% stolen/garbage.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Shadix

meh, no no no.

I feel like this gonna end up like the Mr. T SAGE.

Keep it Sonic, keep it SAGE.

Proposal:

We could feature games in different divisions.

High Profile fangames will be put into Colbert Division.

Unknown Sonic fangames will go into the Springer Division.

Fangames that don't focus on Sonic gameplay will go into the Leno Division.

What of the fangames that are high profile but have unique gameplay?

How bout we split things up like this, since categorizing them like that would be "unfair" to people who might have "sleeper hits":

-Simulation

Fangames that's primary goal is to recapture the Genesis experience and expand upon it

--Emphasis on engine quality (360)

--Traditional Sonic Gameplay

--Attempts to recreate the classic level style

Example: Sonic Nexus SAGE 2k6 build, Retrosonic, Sonic: Project Mettrix (E2),

-Creative

Fangames that have a larger emphasis and direction torwards creating a unique experience and taking free liberty with design decisions.

--Usually Twists formula

--Emphasis on Art Direction (Music, Sprites, Level Graphics, etc)

--Different types of gameplay.

Example: Sonic Ki, Thirdscape, Sonic: The Fated Hour, Sonic:MADVENTURE

-Other

Fangames that either do not feature Sonic or put Sonic into another franchises setup, such as a Zelda game featuring a Sonic or a Mario vs. Sonic fighter.

Hmm... Guess not many here appreciate Colbert's truthiness... Although for the most part, his satire is much more accurate than the news media is...

Why wouldn't Sonic Colbert work? You people are generally thinking OMG SONICZ TEH AMERICANZ!!>!>!>EMQNISDHIGSAhfbas

If I"m correct, Slinger was planning on making Sonic the Stephen Colbert of his world... *cough*

Hey, even Sonic knows when his games are sub-par...

Even though you're probably right, I can't help but call bullshit. :/

Damnit, can't I make a joke without everyone wanting to take me seriously? I like to joke with the new guys. New guys like that oldbie.

What of the fangames that are high profile but have unique gameplay?

How bout we split things up like this, since categorizing them like that would be "unfair" to people who might have "sleeper hits":

So thats what, Chaos Controlled? Its not unfair, its just realistic. The focus of this site is the Sonic fangame, so it makes sense to have the different categories available to the type of game with the most entries.

-Simulation

Fangames that's primary goal is to recapture the Genesis experience and expand upon it

--Emphasis on engine quality (360)

--Traditional Sonic Gameplay

--Attempts to recreate the classic level style

Example: Sonic Nexus SAGE 2k6 build, Retrosonic, Sonic: Project Mettrix (E2),

-Creative

Fangames that have a larger emphasis and direction torwards creating a unique experience and taking free liberty with design decisions.

--Usually Twists formula

--Emphasis on Art Direction (Music, Sprites, Level Graphics, etc)

--Different types of gameplay.

Example: Sonic Ki, Thirdscape, Sonic: The Fated Hour, Sonic:MADVENTURE

As for Other, this is not AGE, but those are basically just my two categories without the differentiation on the larger group of games.

@Spike: Thank you for the second third fourth comment Spike. We needed double triple quadruple affirmation that you have an enormous stick lodged deep within the recesses of your ass.

Sonic is a retard. I think the Colbert thing might add some sort of wittiness to the whole SAGE.

besides that, it would actually give me a reason to look at Sage instead of being thoroughly dissappointed like last year.

In that case just ignore SAGE and get the fuck out of here.

can I help it if I expect another awesome year like the one where you guys turned SAGE into an interactive game that linked to each booth? that was one of the best moments I ever had with SAGE. atleast with a unique theme like this you can get something neat going.

Guest Shadix
Hmm... Guess not many here appreciate Colbert's truthiness... Although for the most part, his satire is much more accurate than the news media is...

Why wouldn't Sonic Colbert work? You people are generally thinking OMG SONICZ TEH AMERICANZ!!>!>!>EMQNISDHIGSAhfbas

If I"m correct, Slinger was planning on making Sonic the Stephen Colbert of his world... *cough*

Hey, even Sonic knows when his games are sub-par...

My arguement with that is, SAGE isn't a tiny cult event anymore nor is it an event entirely ran by one person anymore. This is SONIC AMATEUR GAMES EXPO, not lets make some witty joke by making Sonic Colbert while a relatively small group understands the whole joke behind it.

Just my 2 cents though. Call me a grumpy prick if you want, but orienting a Sonic expo event around a guy that people may not even know just sounds kindof rediculous.

Gungriffon: Whats funny about that is I say that every year, yet at the same time the people involved in making SAGE happened thought that very same SAGE was a disastor due to the behind the scenes wait till the last second crap that happened with the person in charge.

A similar thing happened last year when the person put in charge was, for unforeseeable reasons, unable to put SAGE on at it's right time. (Of course that was completely different than Luckett's lazyness)

2 questions:

What kind of person takes The Colbert Report seriously?

What kind of person goes to SFGHQ, and calls Sonic a retard? That's like going to a car forum and saying "walking is superior."

So yea, to make my stance clear, I would prefer no Colbert the Hedgehog, but if that was the theme (which wouldn't be as funny to those outside of the US) I wouldn't have a shitstorm either.

After all, SAGE is about the games.

...Assuming we have a decent turnout this year...

Oh and as far as the themes go, I haven't seen anyone come up with anything better...

Seven Rings In Hand theme, with the Expo broken up into 7 groups.

Time Periods. Prehistoric Sonic, Medivel Sonic, etc. Colonial Sonic vs. Redcoat Robotnik would be epic, and PSO already showed Sonic + Lightsaber = Win.

Do I get a cookie now?

GunGriffon: Sonic has no personality? What game did you play? Sonic Laybrinth?