A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Badnik Pack *Update: V1.1b*

LarkSS

Engine Update V1.1b

-Fixed a bug with the camera that froze Sonic's engine if he was running 20 pps or above during a camera change

Engine Update V1.1a

Felt the release was missing some things, so I made an update. This update includes but is not limited to:

-Title Card giving initial delay to prevent movement overlap

-Tweaked Slope Effect

-Springs Animation Fixed

-6 Spring Types

-Movable Spring Puzzle Example ( After first checkpoint )

-Moving Platforms

-Organized Objects into Groups

-Added UpdateLog

-Added Readme

The download link is where it was in the original post. ( In other words, scroll down. )

Original Post

Okay, I was originally planning on making a badnik pack with the badniks from Sonic 1-3, but the project was getting in the way of other things I was doing so I decided to finish up the engine and release it as-is. I'm basically doing this so people can see what I managed to do with only 1 sensor, but I decided to give it out open source as well so that you guys can take a look at the methods I used to make things work.

Screens

BPPic1.png

BPPic2.png

BPPic3.png

BPPic4.png

BPPic5.png

BPPic6.png

Since the JSonic uploader decided to give pity on me and actually upload on attempt, here's the link:

Download V1.1b

Alternate Download 1

Alternate Download 2

(ZIP includes .EXE)

Comments and critisism appreciated along with credit if you use anything from it. The badnik is from GoldSonic, the rings from Julio, and the Sonic sprite from LOst Library 3.05 Gold Edition; though completely compiled by me. And before anyone asks, the engine was made using MMF2.

• Like 3