A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

So, TMNT?

shadowgoten

So I went to see TMNT a few minutes ago, I went in not expecting too much out of the movie. Boy was I fucking wrong.

I was a HUUUUGE fan of the old cartoon, I still love it to this day, I should really grab those dvd sets...

TMNT takes place after the first 3 movies (if you can count the 3rd movie in the continuity..), in a world without shredder.

The movie does have a bit of angsty parts, but eh, the whole time I was in awe. TMNT is a huge throwback to the old cartoons and movies. The animation is amazing, the voice acting was pretty accurate to the cartoons. It was awesome!

If you were a fan of the cartoon, I definitely urge you to check out the movie, you will not be disappointed.

Eww...third movie...I remember watching that on my pirated cable back in the day...Someone explain to me why the NINJA turtles were samurai?

Also, world without Shredder? I don't believe it. As for the angsty parts, wasn't the original graphic novel dark?

EDIT: Obligatory Ninjarap link:

They were samurai because they went back in time..

I wont say much about the shredder stuff, but I will say they left the movie wide open for a sequel.

I <3 the turtles, but I died on the inside after this movie.

lol there are 13 monsters in new york and they have been there for 3000 years but nobody has noticed them before

Plus, too much info was thrown at the audience at once in the movie's prologue. Overall, TMNT was extremely fast and not paced well at all. Everything moved too quick.

meh, advent children was the exact same way. The action was awesome, but it moved a TAD too quick.

Actully, i would have loved for them to go all the way back to Shredder times. I would love to see Shredder/Super Shredder in fill blown 3D animation.

I am afraid to see this. I loved the turtles. They were my heroes. If this sucks, I'll be crushed.

thats the same thoughts I had coming in. Don't listen to slinger about the monster part...that crossed my mind like once, and then said hey, it's a fucking animated movie...who cares?? PLUS

At the end they pretty much tell you that shredder is alive...2nd movie ahoy!

advent children

Fuck off, FF sucks dick the way it is now, because they made the gayest movie off of it in an attempt to please some 300 pound ass.

That being said, I kinda like the way the TMNT movie LOOKS, but it really doesn't look like it pays any attention to its original story, at ALL, which is disappointing, because I really like the story

Fuck off, FF sucks dick the way it is now, because they made the gayest movie off of it in an attempt to please some 300 pound ass.

That being said, I kinda like the way the TMNT movie LOOKS, but it really doesn't look like it pays any attention to its original story, at ALL, which is disappointing, because I really like the story

Midi...it's people like you that make them activate the word filters...

Might be spoilerish...

I will tell you right now, the trailers do the movie no justice, and the main theme of the movie is that there is conflict in the turtles "family", which has always been a problem since the cartoon. The whole 13 monsters bit is pretty much a 2nd plot going on that really doesn't involve the turtles till the end.

meh, advent children was the exact same way. The action was awesome, but it moved a TAD too quick.

Actully, i would have loved for them to go all the way back to Shredder times. I would love to see Shredder/Super Shredder in fill blown 3D animation.

How convenient. Advent Children was a terrible movie of absolutely no standalone value to anyone and of little value at all to anyone who wasn't an FF7 fan and simply wanted to see Final Fantasy 7 characters kill things. I almost take it this is the same way.

Still, I figure I'll get to seeing it just like I did with that... thing you call a movie.

Midi, that's it. You're going to the psyche ward for the rest of the day. If I had noticed this earlier, I would of sent you there before hand. What's the psyche ward? You'll find out :D