A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The SFGHQ Love Injection Project

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever happened to the Story forum? It used to be part of the art section, but eventually got canned.

I really want to brush up on my talltale skills, as I know a few others do too.

Also im partial to having ~/-/'s before our names to define our power ( ala DeviantArt ), so people know who everyone is, since all the mods ( that ive seen ) have changed their custom titles, making it retardedly confusing

You know what, this is totally going to fuck with my original streak:

Some forums have little arcades. like, some will just have these little games that people play in, the stats go directly to some scoreboard, and looky thar, u gots stats.

SFGHQ <3's games like that, so there. also, for another SFGHQ holiday..

how about HTML day?

Let me explain something to you guys, just real quick, I'll update the topic again later tonight, but here's how it works. We will not ever, at any point in the existence of this board, allow HTML. Now, I'm sure you're wondering why, well, I'm going to explain it. When HTML is enabled, there is an obscene number of exploits that become available to malicious assholes. This means that HTML day will basically become a day of people hacking our forums and loading viruses into every post they make. Sorry, HTML is a no-go.

Hmm... Midi's arcade idea would be nifty, but we'd have to have some decent content to start off with...

Not to mention, a place where you can have Vitalized games and not have people go WTF is Vitalize?

And I do need some stuff to build up a flash portfolio...

Let me explain something to you guys, just real quick, I'll update the topic again later tonight, but here's how it works. We will not ever, at any point in the existence of this board, allow HTML. Now, I'm sure you're wondering why, well, I'm going to explain it. When HTML is enabled, there is an obscene number of exploits that become available to malicious assholes. This means that HTML day will basically become a day of people hacking our forums and loading viruses into every post they make. Sorry, HTML is a no-go.

Ok, but then I think we need more BB code tags.

Yeah, The arcade is a tad unfit for this forum, pretty much.

I cant think of anything else other than an expanded speciality box ( really, its kinda " whoa whats this, a small little box? I want people to see my 1337skeet skills in fangaming ), or you can make it some sort of combo/radio box selector?

Everything is fine right now, haha.

EDIT: To compliment the post above me, we COULD do with a few more BBCodes, Remember when we had youtube tags? those are amazing for video topics ( if you dont mind being raped from bandwidth I mean. ), but we might actually have a use for some others.

What about something simple, like a multi player hang man or something? I'm also thinking maybe collecting a few freeware games that we can form a sort of SFGHQ group on and just getting together every now and then and playing. Maybe some online monopoly or scrabble even, just to bring the community together a bit more.

The times we tried this before, it's always been an attempt to find some uber game for everyone to play, Warrock, Bots, GTA, etc...

Something simpler and more easily accessible might work out nicely like what you suggested...

Oh... I'd skip the Monopoly though... Great game, but tends to create enemies...

MY HOTEL DO YOU NOT SEE IT!?!?!?!?!

Noone wins Monopoly. Fact. I had it for PC, got the computer to give me all of its land and money, and the trade completed and the game gave me an error. Noone wins. Ever.

Also, I think it'd be kinda...wierd...for a community that makes Sonic games to have an arcade that will have games that probably won't feature Sonic, hence my suggestion of user submitted flash games.

Noone wins Monopoly. Fact. I had it for PC, got the computer to give me all of its land and money, and the trade completed and the game gave me an error. Noone wins. Ever.

Also, I think it'd be kinda...wierd...for a community that makes Sonic games to have an arcade that will have games that probably won't feature Sonic, hence my suggestion of user submitted flash games.

Actually I was refering to a java-made, browser based monopoly I used to play with people from #srb2 =P