A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Ok! Read This For God's Sake!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen, sir, if you wanna play that game, I can spin it around in your face just as fast and say "dude, don't get so pissed off at a simple joke, there's nothing you can do about it and getting pissed off is futile".

I'll also sum up your clout here with this gem of a quote:

EDIT: What is CAMP?

Mmm, experienced, I'd say.

Listen, sir, if you wanna play that game, I can spin it around in your face just as fast and say "dude, don't get so pissed off at a simple joke, there's nothing you can do about it and getting pissed off is futile".

But that would be a lie unless they're actually going to continue with this charade for April 4th. Me getting "pissed off" made a huge difference, wouldn't you say? You wouldn't be ranting in this thread, that wouldn't be here in the first place, if it hadn't been for that.

But that would be a lie unless they're actually going to continue with this charade for April 4th. Me getting "pissed off" made a huge difference, wouldn't you say? You wouldn't be ranting in this thread, that wouldn't be here in the first place, if it hadn't been for that.

Yeah, you did make a difference. You ruined a really elaborate joke that's had months of work put into it. Next time we'll make sure not to plan on doing something interesting or different for once, since it's obvious no one here wants that.

Seconded. Do you think I wanted to tweak out like that, you little twit? I'm sorry that I give off the vibe that I get off to yelling at younger members who don't agree with me. I'll remember that in the future when you're name crosses my mind.

~EDIT for DW~

I decided for my own better interest to take down what I originally said, it wasn't smart. Dipset.

Fine. Hate me for all I care. None of this is PC0 fault, he shouldn't be taking the blame for this at all. Hate me. If anyone should be punished here, it should be me, since I was the most agressive about my opinion against this poor excuse of a joke.

You can continue it all you like. The only person now who is completely against it is myself, and I shall remain such because that's just how I feel about it.

Can everyone please just calm down here?

Look, everyone was quite stupid in how they acted about this. People are STILL acting stupid over this. Hell, when I found out this was a gag I thought it would go over alot less like this. It was quite obvious to me it was, but getting confirmation from Gamerdude really made it all the more amazing. I thought it was a genius work of tactics to make one hell of a great stunt for April Fool's.

But for God's sake, people are leaving, at each other's throats and carrying on about this like it's the end of the world. the mods are trying to settle it all down and all you can do is light fire's under them, and vice versa. calm down and talk about it REASONABLY instead of prattling on and all.

I will admit I have really hated how people are at each other's throats about every little thing lately. I was banned for a week over telling off Slinger for pissing on Night's background thread. I deserved that for my wording, however I don't plan on taking it back because it verily needed to be said. The proverbial "slapping penises on keyboards" attitude around here drives everyone away, it makes things difficult for the new people and veterans alike, and degrades the quality overall of this place.

Ya know, I hoped this place wouldn't resort to acting like jackasses like every other site on the net. when I first came here I actually got help instead of being immediately told off for being new and trying a little. but of course, it did, so I don't have a reason to come here that often because I KNOW someone's gotta piss all over the good times.

So, how do you suppose we should settle this, hm? like children, or like responsible people? those who feel responsible have the right to do what they wish, and you shouldn't bitch about it. those who feel violated or whatnot for the actions of the mods should bring it up in a manner that doesn't involve name calling or mud slinging. those arguing, take it to PMs and finish it without causing more uproar than there already is. if you do not feel it important to do so, then kindly cease all together, since if you do not wish to continue it in private then it wasn't worthy of arguing in the first place.

Now see, that wasn't so hard, was it?

Fine. Hate me for all I care. None of this is PC0 fault, he shouldn't be taking the blame for this at all. Hate me. If anyone should be punished here, it should be me, since I was the most agressive about my opinion against this poor excuse of a joke.

You can continue it all you like. The only person now who is completely against it is myself, and I shall remain such because that's just how I feel about it.

Sorry, I'm the admin, if you were doing something wrong like causing an uproar with your aggressive opinions, I should of caught it before it got out of hand. That makes it my fault, like I said, that's what being an admin is all about. Suddenly my job doesn't seem all that glorious does it?

This forums seems to be proned to drama. Im kinda new and im not on here often, and I havent read the topic nor do i know anything of this supposed backfired april fools joke, but I can say that typically april fools jokes are childish and usually end up with somebody getting hurt, that being said, it back fired and I think the mods and admin have tried to own up too it so why not just let it go. seriously, theres nothing we can do to change what happened so let it be and move on.

As for whom ever made that comment about people not being talented here, thats a crock o'shit. sure its rare that people finish a game these days but its not like all people do is make games and do nothing else, its easy to lose interest in something as time consuming as making a game becuase life is short and its has many many other things to worry about and do in it.

And Ive seen lots of talent on these boards. Ive seen people with awesome cgi skills, the musically talented, sprite artists, people that take time out from their lives to help someone else work on "that new cool trick" in coding.

Damizean helped revolutionalize sonic fan games with his 360 degree static engine, rael helped me vastly improve my game with many many pointers and brain storming of gimmics.

AeroGP helped me speed up my game with with object deactivation, something that seemed normal to him but id never thought of.

Talent is not something your born with, it is mearly an interest that you cultivate and practiced at and formed a skill out of.

in short, stop whining and let the incident go and dont call people untalented becuase your mad at someone else for doing something stupid.

Thats my 2 cents.

Ducky: Alienated you? I've constantly stressed multiple times that if anyone has a problem, to contact me via PM, AiM, email, whatever and tell me about it. If they think I may have said the wrong thing, or acted wrongly I want to know about it. It was something I made a habit of saying it. You know how many people would actually contact me? Like 3: Rael (before he became mod), Aerosol, and Sefiroth. If they saw a topic that looked kind of iffy they'd be like "hey, you might want to catch this." As active as I try to be, I can't catch every little thing.

I can't think of any time off the top of my head where I've acted wrongly and didn't try and right it (most likely after talking with Aerosol, Rael, or Sef). There was a time when I would lock a topics that I had driven off-topic via arguing (I would then have the last word). I admit to having done that. However, that was so long ago it shouldn't even be an issue and it's something I addressed as idiotic of me quite some time ago. I'm not going to boast and say you all need me, because you most likely don't- they could handle this forum with their hands behind their back and blindfolds on. However, I will say, justifiably, that there's been many a time when like multiple staff were ready to ban a member and I'd be like "but, technically, they haven't actually broken 'x' rule." So, please tell me what I've done that's worthy of disappointment- it's driving me insane.

Why am I played off as a bad guy? Why? So the fuck what if I was hard on Nite for his "retexturings?" They were like...really bad. If the other mods thought I stepped over the line, they would've told me. You guys seem to harp on the negative posts I make and never the majority have fun contribute to the conversation dick around posts.

I even pushed for the CAMP forum along with Shadix a few months ago, because we wanted to dick around.

Sonic101, Epon and Gungriffon are all right in their own ways, they all make very good points. That said, I don't want this erupting into a flame war. Aero, you got upset, we should of been more careful to make sure that didn't happen. I fucked up bad by not doing that. End of story. I made a mistake. As for talent and what not, Epon's point is easily misunderstood, so please, if you take offense to that, you probably understood it wrong, so just ignore it.

That said, I'd like to change the direction of this topic, by starting a big string of apologies. I think we all have some people we ought to say sorry to and I think it might help us a bit if we start trying to do that. It may seem childish to some of you, like something your teacher makes you do in school. I'm not forcing anyone to participate in this case however, you can stay angry if you want, but in that case, take it to PM. If you'd like to end this fiasco, perhaps you should start by doing the adult thing and recognizing that a lot of us acted somewhat silly. With that, I guess I'll start us off.

I apologize for not doing my job properly. I should of made sure it didn't get out of hand, I should of made sure it didn't even get that far. I'm sorry for allowing the board to go up early. I'm sorry for the whole damn thing. I sincerely apologize for any hurt feelings, flames received, unfair commentary or anything else of that matter that occurred here because of this situation. I didn't do my job as an administrator of SFGHQ yesterday and for that, I greatly apologize to all of you. My job is, by definition, one of great responsibility and I wasn't responsible. I was too caught up in the glee of finally getting to launch a project we'd been working on for months on end. I'm sorry and will do my best to make it up to all of you in the future, if you're still willing to have me as an admin that is.

Sonic101, Epon and Gungriffon are all right in their own ways, they all make very good points. That said, I don't want this erupting into a flame war. Aero, you got upset, we should of been more careful to make sure that didn't happen. I fucked up bad by not doing that. End of story. I made a mistake. As for talent and what not, Epon's point is easily misunderstood, so please, if you take offense to that, you probably understood it wrong, so just ignore it.

That said, I'd like to change the direction of this topic, by starting a big string of apologies. I think we all have some people we ought to say sorry to and I think it might help us a bit if we start trying to do that. It may seem childish to some of you, like something your teacher makes you do in school. I'm not forcing anyone to participate in this case however, you can stay angry if you want, but in that case, take it to PM. If you'd like to end this fiasco, perhaps you should start by doing the adult thing and recognizing that a lot of us acted somewhat silly. With that, I guess I'll start us off.

I apologize for not doing my job properly. I should of made sure it didn't get out of hand, I should of made sure it didn't even get that far. I'm sorry for allowing the board to go up early. I'm sorry for the whole damn thing. I sincerely apologize for any hurt feelings, flames received, unfair commentary or anything else of that matter that occurred here because of this situation. I didn't do my job as an administrator of SFGHQ yesterday and for that, I greatly apologize to all of you. My job is, be definition, one of great responsibility and I wasn't responsible. I'm sorry and will do my best to make it up to all of you in the future.

Thank you for being the bigger man. That makes you a good admin.

Slinger is the only mod who tried to inject any fun into the forums. Everyone else was too tight assed to care about that. Turn being a mod into a job if you want, in the end it's a fucking internet forum and it's about having fun.

It's lots of fun for the first couple of years, but after that it turns into a job. That's just how it works. It's still fun, but not always. We were trying to inject fun too, but that backfired as well. Oh well, maybe we can come up with some more ideas in the future that will make things fun without making certain people angry. In fact, I'd love to hear some ideas or suggestions if anyone has any.

Umm may I say something? :(

Look, I was told about this just recently and I think its a great joke. It would have been cool with me. But then emotions got in the way and now everything isn't what it was before. Things have been said and people have been confused, by something that wouldn't have hurt anyone. I may seem like a newbie to most of you, but I feel as though things are becoming a family issue

My definition of a forum is: A place, page, or hangout spot for many many internet surfers to join in and give their two cents about what the said forum is about. Whether it be contribution, chit chat, funny business, or even just pure spam. It will be said in a place like this.

I see us, all of us in a forum, as a family. We talk almost everyday to eachother about things, like as if we were in a house or even at school. We all say something to eachother while we're here. Though some of us may disagree, or even fight, we still had thoughs times where we all laughed or said things like "I agree" or "Thats true". There was at least 1 time where each of us has done this. Do those moments even count? Even if they're so small?

What I'm trying to say is, don't let something as small as this, break everything apart. I may only be one person... and my opinion may not matter to most of you. But just please, stop fighting... For all our sakes.

~Link

It's lots of fun for the first couple of years, but after that it turns into a job. That's just how it works. We were trying to inject fun too, but that backfired as well. Oh well, maybe we can come up with some more ideas in the future that will make things fun without making certain people angry. In fact, I'd love to hear some ideas or suggestions if anyone has any.

for next year you could hold a min i contest for whom ever makes the best sonic related joke game, like games full of wacky spoofs? like that one where robotnik comes out in his mech and it breaks down and he yells "useless peice of garbage!" I found that amusing.