A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SFGHQ Radio! Powered by Jsonicserver!

Jsonic

This is a shoutcast station on my server right now. if you have winamp you can tune in, it currently plays at random from what will soon by a dynamic user powered playlist.

if you just want to listen Play this in winamp

if you want to add music to the playlist just let me know and I'll put a music folder (or connect an exsiting music folder) in your account connected to winamp auto monitoring system, any music you upload will show up eventualy (MP3 only please). you can also contact me if you want me to skip to a specific song (please select from your own files)

Updated

as it stands right now: total files 381.

My music DB 196 files 51% random chance

MidiMans DB 5 files 1% random chance

RyanHedge DB 180 files 47% random chance

another sad fact is that I can only have 10 listeners at one time. I may look into broadcasting to other more powerfull Shoutcast servers, but I think my connection here will still limit it.

• Like 1

www.pandora.com

They have a lot of music, and I like how the system works. You can find music similar to the most popular or obscure artists you can think of. I did some tests, and have one station for Five Iron Frenzy-esqe bands, one for The Black Mages and other similar metal, and one for Crush 40-like rock (I know, they're kinda corney, but I like 'em)

I think I'll try some VG cover bands next, just to see if they'll have anything.

EDIT: They seem to be familiar with the Minibosses. I was kinda sad that they didn't have anything on The Pillows, cause I was looking for some J-Rock.

@ RyanHedge, If you make an account on my file hosting server I can set you up to connect your music files into the stream. keep in mind files are automaticly added from monitored folders and played at random, so don't upload anything you don't want played (as odd as that may sound). also about the sonic music, I'd rether it be mainly original sonic and sonic related remixed music (Hints the name SFGHQ Radio "I should add my own acronim to the name... Sonic Fan Music Radio"), anyway, you may upload any music file you want. I'll update the first post with new info on current random chance %s.

I also incurage those of you who mite be in a band or like to make music in some way to upload, this stream isn't much but it may help draw attention. also you can remove a file at anytime and the server will remove it from the playlist.

The fun with subnetting, trying to figure out how to convert an IP address under the mask to one that's broadcasted to the web.

><; Fun fun fun.

Edit: Wait isn't subnetting one way?

Edit2:Aaaaand I didn't see the file sever flying accross your Sig Jsonic, so you may brick me for for stupidity.( Still I wanna try getting a sever setup on my network.)