A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Best free website.

TRD

Yeah I been thinking about this for awhile, I'm gonna start my own website to show-off my games but I want the best free account deals. I already know about Freewebs, but I need more selections.

Anybody know of any other good free website making.....sites? Something that fits this:

*A decent amount of space: 50mb would be nice.

*Some cool features, nothing big.

Thanks in advance.

Best free account.

Okay, now try picking only 2 of those words.

Anyway if you want to know, tripod actually worked out quite well for me when I first started. However if you want other neat features you'll have to pay or have the right friends. In my case my webspace is provided by someone on the forums I used to talk to.

Anyway, I think JSonic's server is still up and running. So talk to him.

Yes, Like Ila said, my server is still up and running. I have FTP support too. However, there are some limits to my server that I can't do anything about:

1. Its not really fast (Low end DSL speeds at most)

2. you'll have to link people to the exact file address of your websites index.html file or find yourself a domain name service (I don't have a domain name/address masking system, costs money).

3. I don't have any website creation tools or templates built in (Its mainly a file hosting server that supports hotlinking, you'll need WYSIWYG software to create and link together your website).

4. Downtime may occure, but it's minimal (I keep an eye on my server fairly often. Also auto system update occurs every monday at 1:00 AM ).

The up sides are:

1. You get 1 Gb of space to use by defult.

2. no file upload size limit.

3. no bandwidth linit.

4. FTP support (New)

5. Best of all its totaly free!

Jsonic Server

Credit to Koray for helping setup my server just over a year ago.