A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[freeware] Cave Story

MidimanNull

uh...you get the bubble when she dies, yes...

Beat the game with the normal ending thingy, plus the crap ending. I liked the last fight, cause it had a nice balance of hard and managable. I just wish I could have had a chance to go to that small area just before the Misery boss AFTER so I could restock. It was pretty hard conserving health and missles.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beat the game with the secret ending, which was pretty cool, as the normal ending did leave me with that "Where the hell is Curly?" feeling. Having her covering your back (literally) in Hell was also quite fun, especially with the dual-Nemesis action going on. And whats this I hear about unlimited missles and other fancy goodies in the first cave?

Well, with the weapons you can hack your ammo to make them resemble something more like the bubbler or even just a normal weapon.

You can also have over 9999 health, weapons that don't act like they should, and various... wierd things.

The way I did it was I just hex edited my save file. I do this because quite frankly, I don't find the spur a very fun weapon, but I don't particularly like getting screwed by weapon level drain either.

I'm probably the only person who prefers the Snake to the spur and machinegun.

I'm probably the only person who prefers the Snake to the spur and machinegun.

Are you nuts? I <3 the ____ing Snake, that thing has saved my ass so many times... >_<

Oh, and Hell's a bitch. The farthest I ever got was Part2 of the final boss. I would have whupped his ass if the bats didn't keep getting in the way... >_<

• 9 months later...

OK I bumped this for some help.

OK, so as it stands, I'm still stuck at the " final " part of the game. I start off at 40HP/57HP before the start of Hell. I can hastily make it to the boss in 10 minutes, if I want to raise up my HP a bit, but the large weight boss kills me for sure, one way or another. anyone have any good strategies? the spur isn't doing it for me, and the nemesis/bubbler won't really last that long until I get hit by either sides of the butes