A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Xbox Live... NEED FRIENDS

Guest Shadix

Guest Shadix

My tag is Odin's Disciples.

I need some peeps to play with... Talking with random people is a bit new to me, and what sucks is I'm a n00b in these games and need people who won't constantly be bitching at my suck. XD

I got hit by a train in one round in Gears of War and my team just started ROFLing.

Gears of War and Halo 2 are the only 2 games I have that actually have online play. I plan to get Lost Planet when it comes out, but as for now my library is kinda limited.

I won't have an ethernet port in my room until the 16th of this month, and I won't have Xbox Live until I buy Gears of War, which I should have the money for by then. I was wondering when a topic like this would be made, seeing as there's been one for both the DS and the Wii.

The 16th can't come soon enough. ;-;

gamertag:

Chibi Death

multiplayer games for xbox (in order of most played):

King of Fighters Neowave

King of Fighters 02

King of Fighters 03

Street Fighter 3 Third Strike

Hyper Street Fighter 2

multiplayer games for xbox 360 (in order of most played):

Rainbox Six Vegas

Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting (xbl arcade)

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (xbl arcade)

Gears of War

Tony Hawk's Project 8

Dead or Alive 4

Splinter Cell Double Agent

Need for Speed Carbon

Texas Hold Em

Lost Planet (demo)

Test Drive Unlimited[quit playing]

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter[quit playing]

Chromehounds[quit playing]

i actually play xbox more often than anything, lol.

Khorney is mine, guess i got lucky there. unfortunatly my foresight of getting my gamertag before i got my console (you can do it on the website) made it impossible to use my month trial (unless i make a new one, which i cant be bothered, at least i think that'd work) so that sux. although you can get original xbox live 12 month subcriptions in a starter kit (12months, 3 xbox games and a headset) for ~£20 out here, would that work on the 360 (i know the headset wouldn't, but my console came with one anyway) ?

i've got DoA4 (it came with the console, honest! =P)

Gears of War (natch)

Splinter Cell DA (ninjas+electric bullets = win)

NFS carbon (christmas present...)

wow that turned out longer than i meant it to be...

I'm really pissed off. I just tried to register on Xbox.com. I'm 17, so they were all "you need a parent's email." So I'm like "feck that" and try and go back so that I can change the date. Only they lock it in. I say "whatever I'll just use my backup email" only.. now I can't click Next either. So I'm stuck and Scatter983 can no longer be used. So I try Scatta983. Yet the b-day info is still locked in. Can't do anything. Scatta983 has been wasted. I try and register Aaron CT only to find out that I need my console on hand regardless of whether or not I want to actually register the console right now. So I've just wasted 3 possible handles. Meaning I'll have to go with something gay like Scattaz983 or something. Gah. I hate compansies that do that sort of crap. If you're old enough to play an M-rated game, you're old enough to not need your parents to fecking watch over you as you play said game online. Nonsense. Also, I've run out of emails to use. Is there a way to delete these accounts?

make another e-mail for the 'parent' account, you don't loose any functionality. I had this trouble, you just have to try again. delete your cookies for xboxlive and do it, you should be able to use your original tag. however if you make your account this way, you can't use the free month of Gold membership you get with a new console, which i found out to my annoyance

I got a confirmation email from them. Not sure which handle it goes with, though. If I cancel the Windows Live account would that also delete the Xbox Live handle? Which would then free it up for use.

Time Warner: We can't just can't just run a line upstairs to your room. We never do that. It's impossible.

Aaron: It's the same exact thing you did to install cable to my sister's room, though.. only you're going upstairs. Which you also did to install cable in my room, now that I think about it. Only.. you're doing it with an ethernet cable.

Time Warner: Cable? You lie! No, you'll have to upgrade to a wirless modem. That'll costs 10 dollars a month, then all you'll need is a wireless adapter for your X360.

Aaron: But.. that's like.. over $200 a year- not to mention the stupid $50 Microsoft charges you for Gold access even though both their competitors, Sony and Nintendo, charge you nothing.

Time Warner: There's no other way. This is it. It's either that or that.

. . . I hate them so much. So now I need to call some guy from Time Warner cable who said he'll do it as a "side job" and install an ethernet port.. which basically means he'll pocket all the money himself. Still, it'll no doubt be less than 100 bucks and it'll be a one-time installation fee without the need for a modem purchase.

Wait, do you rent a router with your modem? Comcast was just like, "____ you people, if you want to set it up to more than one computer, you're on your own."

Yeah, you can get a USB dealie, and it should work. And I think I got my wireless router for $50. Although I didn't look around.

How much does this Linksys adapter cost? And the X360 Wireless adapter that MS sells plugs into the back of the X360's ethernet port. I didn't know there was a USB adapter at all. >.>

You see, I'm thinking that by the time I buy the adapter and router as well as Microsoft's stupid-arse Gold subscription I will have spent more than just an installation fee and the subscription.

So you mean something like this would work on my X360? If so I'll just buy one of Nintendo's Wifi thing and plug it into my computer and then plug one of those into the X360 and everything should be sex. Assuming the range is wide enough. It's like.. 30 feet, yes?

Still totally depends on which is cheaper, though. Although with the wireless stuff I could then get my sister's DS online.

You'd be surprised... Everything from my brother's Zboard to my MP3 Player has worked on the 360. I'd imagine you could simply buy an external Harddrive and use it for secondary storage (as well as a way to do some hax.)