A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Anyone know of a good "to WMV" Converter?

Aaron C-T

Apparently the X360 only accepts WMV format, so I'd like to know if anyone knows of a good WMV converter- it doesn't necessarily have to be free either it just needs to work. The Blaze Media Pro Trial constantly shuts down on me when I tried to convert the Deep Dive video into a WMV and any free programs I tried kept bringing up Potentially Unwanted Program warnings, which tends to mean there's a crapload of spyware attached and I don't want to have to deal with that. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Midiman: Thanks alot.

Blues: Haha, really? Everyone I've heard talk about it says Windows Movie Maker is comepletely crap, so I've never even opened it. Thanks, I suppose. Even if I am officially an idiot. :X

Edit: Ehh.. WMM likes to crash on me. And Slinger said it does the same to him. =/

Khorney: I'm using a USB drive, as I don't have internet access in my bedroom nor is this computer in there. I suggest, that if you don't have one already, you run out within the next few days and look around places like Best Buy for one. Since Xmas just passed, you can find a really great deal. Yesterday, I bought a 1GB Memorex Mini Traveling USB, or something to that effect, for only $20 when it normally would've cost about $100.

Anyway, in order for you to play videos off of it, you're going to need to download the November 2006 update from the Xbox.com website (assuming you're Xbox isn't connected to the internet) as without it you can't access the "true" Video menu which allows you to decide whether to play video off a CD, Portable Device (which the USB would be), the Console, or your Computer. All you need to do once you have the update is plug the USB in, and go to that tab. You can even seperate the drive into folder and put music in one and video in the other- your 360 will just cycle through the folders. It's pretty cool, actually.

I've got a converter working and if you catch me on AIM I can show you how it works. If that makes no sense, just IM me. ;D

Edit: Or rather, e-mail me seeing as how you don't have AiM: AaronC.T at gmail.com

I use FireFox, my last version of IE is 6.0.2 or something like that. I still think it as something to do with IE though. WMM would run dual instances and then stop responding. When I did Ctrl+Alt+Del it and right clicked "go to process" it kept taking me to IE.exe or something. Anyway, I found another program that actually works. Thanks everyone. :D

oh, i didnt know you could use USB for vids, i thought only music.... i may have to try that, but my WMM still works so ill probs just use that. its annoying you cant copy stuff to the harddrive though, and that you have to make CD's to put music onto it, but thanks for the heads up

oh, i didnt know you could use USB for vids, i thought only music.... i may have to try that, but my WMM still works so ill probs just use that. its annoying you cant copy stuff to the harddrive though, and that you have to make CD's to put music onto it, but thanks for the heads up

You store files on them, thats it. Some players just come with an app that can load stuff of of the drive.

I dont see where you got having to make CD's to put music on to it though, your dilemma though.

Midiman: He means you have to burn songs to CDs in order to rip them to the X360's HDD. It's completely annoying, as unless you already have the CD burned for like CD Player use or it's store-bought you can use up CDs pretty fast. It'd be much easier if you could just rip from a USB onto the HDD or something. And it's stupid that you can't rip video at all. Still though, it's managable so it's no big deal.

Khorney: You can put anything on a USB because it works like a portable harddrive. You can even put word documents and fangames on there if you wanted.

Midiman: Thanks alot.

Blues: Haha, really? Everyone I've heard talk about it says Windows Movie Maker is comepletely crap, so I've never even opened it. Thanks, I suppose. Even if I am officially an idiot. :X

Edit: Ehh.. WMM likes to crash on me. And Slinger said it does the same to him. =/

That's strange, my Window's movie maker works great, I even use it to make movie files small enough to fit on the PSP, maybe you're missing a vital file or something, did any error messages show up?

P.S. No I don't know any other movie makers, but you could try download.com.