A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Nintendo replacing Wii wrist straps for free

Gamerdude

I'm sure you've all heard of the Wiimote's wrist strap breaking from some corner of the internet...well, Nintendo has decided to respond. I knew they had silently started shipping all new Wii units with a beefed up wrist strap, but now they are offering free replacements to whoever wants/needs them.

Nintendo Wiis strap replacement

I'm glad to see that even if the percentage of users having a problem was small, they still address it. Mine hasn't broken and I don't know of anyone personally who has had their's break either...even still, I'm ordering replacements. Why not, they're free! =D

There aren't any problems with the wrist strap if you're not a retard

I agree. When I see these stories of people having these "problems" I have no sympathy for them. It's been clearly stated that you don't have to viciously swing the wiimote for it to register a movement...a flick of the wrist is sufficient. People aren't using them as they are intended to be used...it's their own fault. I think Nintendo is doing a good service in offering thicker straps for those people who are like the aforementioned.

As for myself...I have yet to swing the wiimote wildly once, but heck, if they're free, I'm not against a little bit safer product, so I ordered 4.

Oh god, I decided to go crazy with Wii golf and my remote went flying through the window, across the street, into my neighbors house and hit their cat which caused the cat to run into the highway and cause a 10 car pileup which resulted in a loss of Dubuque's economy because the shipping trucks couldn't make their rounds... can I blame Nintendo for that?

I agree. When I see these stories of people having these "problems" I have no sympathy for them. It's been clearly stated that you don't have to viciously swing the wiimote for it to register a movement...a flick of the wrist is sufficient. People aren't using them as they are intended to be used...it's their own fault. I think Nintendo is doing a good service in offering thicker straps for those people who are like the aforementioned.

As for myself...I have yet to swing the wiimote wildly once, but heck, if they're free, I'm not against a little bit safer product, so I ordered 4.

You can swing it widely up to a point. When you play tennis for example, you just don't sit there and flick your wrist back and forth. That's a stupid way to play. But when you're swinging the wiimote, you have to be some kind of moron to actually swing it so hard it flies out of your hand, breaking the strap, causing it to smash into a TV. Get some hand sweat medication or something.