A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The official I have a Wii topic :D

shadowgoten

My place did not get their shipment of classic controls : \. I bought Warios Woods for the NES, but the shop wont let me in to buy another game ;_;. Btw..my firefox browser keeps pulling up the find bar whenever I hit apostrophe...so I cant use apostrophes, anyone know the reason why?

I absolutely hate the GCN controller D-Pad and I don't think the analog stick would work very well. Pluss the Analog R/L button would be bad for Megaman X and maybe another game. I'd find it unbearable to play any classic non-N64 platform game with the GCN controller. Of course, since I have most NES, SNES, and N64 games I want and have a working NES, SNES, and N64, I don't think I'll be doing much Virtual Consoling.

Edit: Unless you meant needing using the Classic Controller for GCN games.

So... what has everyone named their Wii? In keeping with tradition of anime influences I named my Wii YukiNagato after the Haruhi Suzumiya character. There would be a space in there except I ran out of room. Other things ila has named: Car = Kyon, Family room computer = Naota, Personal Computer = Kizna, old gaming proxy = Lain, and you get the idea.

ctrl+alt+delete and then re-open.

It happens. No idea why.

Edit: Wesk, future Wii titles will be playable via the Retro Controller. I like this, because sometimes I just want to have a regular controller. So it's not all that bad.

Its done that to me a lot as well.

Actually, here is a better method. Just open the run command in windows (either through the start menu or through the task manager) and then exit it and Firefox will work fine again.

Oh, and for reference:

Wii: Jon's Wii

Mii: Jon

Oh, isn't it? Actually, I figure its every bit as original as the name of a character from your favorite TV show/anime/whatever.

Actually Koray, you had connection troubles. Help a buddy out.

Do you know anything about an error code 51330? I've heard that resetting the router or changing the channel helps, but I already have one of the recommended channels and I've already reset my router.

On the other hand, it IS in my room with interference from hell.

One thing I definitely want to see in the future from a firmware update... some method of improving the sensor detection... whether its calibration, size definitions, whatever. Its not that I have any particular problems with it, but I've seen no way to calibrate anything except position of the sensor bar and sensitivity. Its like the remote thinks my TV is only 21" and I'm using a 32" TV, so its considerably off when I go below.

No, I said that I had already done them. I've tried channels 1, 6, 7, and 11. Not to mention I had already done this before to get the best possible connection with my PC in the same room (where I got a slight connection with channel 11 only... that time I tried every channel). I turned off my router power once after each time of doing that and cleared the settings for the online thing in between.

The problem is obviously just that the room has a crazy field of interference. All I wanted was to reaffirm that, and I did actually get that when you said it was a connectivity problem.