A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The official I have a Wii topic :D

shadowgoten

For some reason, I had to totally reset my router to get Wii to connect. But now I have the sick nasty awesome SSID of WiiMax.

Zelda looks awesome, but I have only played like 30 minutes. Call of duty is kind of hard to control, but definately fun (____ing playing "push the gun" is a work out), and Ultimate Alliance is amazing fun.

Also, wtf am I missing, where do I get my gamer code for mah wiiz? It's not in console info.

As I told Koray I'm probably going to have to go with an X360, although I would love a Wii. Part of the reason being I've been filled in on an awesome deal that I simply won't let myself refuse. Even if purchasing an X360 this month means that I won't be able to play it for at least 3 weeks (I won't have any money for games as I barely have enough to cut the deal, I need to convince my mom to foot the extra).

Nunchuk is way smaller than I expected. I saw it the other night in the store and immediately though "omb tiny-cute."

heh, I already have a 360, not interested, just curious on where you guys were doing that, no biggie if you don't want to disclose. I'm guessing that's a black friday deal you guys are scoring?

I'm working on getting that 32 inch HDTV LCD westinghouse best buy is gonna sell for $479.99 :D.

How ila managed to get a Wii[/i]

(23:05:02) ilascott7: Do you want to know how I was able to afford this today?

(23:05:04) BoricuaJon255: So how in the eff did you manage all this?

(23:05:05) BoricuaJon255: yes

(23:05:06) BoricuaJon255: XD

(23:05:10) ilascott7: Time for a story!

(23:05:16) ilascott7: Okay so I took your advice and left early

(23:05:23) BoricuaJon255: lol I do love the fact that I convinced you to get one

(23:05:38) ilascott7: I just went early to hold a position in line for my friends

(23:05:56) ilascott7: who had a similar hunch and showed up 3 minutes after I did at Target... we didn't even contact eachother

(23:06:05) ilascott7: My friend got position 13 of 24

(23:06:19) ilascott7: I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy one, but I figured I'd sign up and try to sell my wii ticket

(23:06:36) ilascott7: so I got 22, and my other friend who wasn't planning on buying one got 23

(23:07:01) ilascott7: Anyway friend 13 is a target employee and he informed us we could apply for RedCards so its like DING!

(23:07:11) ilascott7: I may not have money now, but Credit Card AHOY!

(23:07:18) BoricuaJon255: XD yes

(23:07:54) ilascott7: And yeah, at first I wasn't going to risk it, but after holding the ticket in my hand I felt this excitement something like: DUDE I'M ENTITLED TO A ____ING WII ON LAUNCH DAY!

(23:08:20) BoricuaJon255: ITS A RUSH

(23:08:29) ilascott7: .Afterall, I had been there since 4 am

(23:08:49) ilascott7: But yeah, now Koray probably wont' get me a dancepad, and I don't blame him

(23:09:01) ilascott7: Because I really shouldn't have been able to afford a Wii.

(23:09:07) BoricuaJon255: haha

(23:09:22) BoricuaJon255: meh I'll still throw you the 10, money's been tight with the wii and all

(23:09:29) BoricuaJon255: and next week I plan on camping best buy for an HDTV

(23:09:36) BoricuaJon255: so after that i should have some decent cash

(23:09:42) ilascott7: you crazy fool

(23:10:07) ilascott7: anyway I think I'm just going to copy and paste that convo into SFGHQ as part of my "this is why I have a Wii post"

And yeah, its a shame that one of my friends got a Wii with the launch disc bug, but he called Nintendo and they are sending him a free replacement Wii in 3 days and all he has to do is return his defective on in the same box... so my Wii is currently in his room since he has high speed and I don't... I'll get my friendcode up when I have a chance.

lol ila, no worries. Just get back to me with how much moola you need.

Edit: And oh by the way, I just got done with like 20 straight rounds of Wii Boxing. First, I have never had so much fun with a demo. Second, this ____ really works you out. I can already see the countless workout games for Wii.

Well lets put if off for now, and wait a bit.

Anyway so I also got a 2000 point card with my Wii, and I bought Mario 64 and Sonic the Hedgehog. Maybe its just me but the emulation is 100% spot on with the Virtual Console, I mean, I got to actually see Peach's portrait fade into Bowsers, something that most N64 emulators for PC still cannot do.