A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis - Happy Birthday, Sonic?

Slingerland

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=742698

I also got a chance to play this game. No matter how many iterations of this game you want or if you want a classic, on-the-go fix, don't buy it. It is crappy and sh*tty. SEGA...what the ____? This game is painful to play.

7ba4cd9818e05da2abb90b6a8014c9b3.gif

I just thought I'd let a raving Sonic community save themselves $20. I was thinking about it, because I'd love some on the go action, but after playing my idiot (he's an idiot because he bought this) friend's version, I change my mind. The resolution sucks (you can't see where you're running), the speed sucks, the music sucks, and this isn't even the same game. It's a port, not an emulation. You'd think a GBA would be able to handle a Genesis game.

I have yet to play Sonic the Hedgehog on the X360, but so far, for me, Sonic's b-day celebration sucks balls.

Now I've seen a whole bunch of sonic 1&2 hacks before, but I've never heard of these ones.

Where are these hacks?

and this isn't even the same game. It's a port, not an emulation. You'd think a GBA would be able to handle a Genesis game.

You know what? I wouldn't be surprised at that because I've seen some games that originally was for snes or sega that went onto the gba, and it really sucked.

Example:

Ever played Mortal Kombat advance? The collision was bad, the controls were horrible, the blood and gore graphics made me want to cry, the background graphics I'm not even going to mention because it was so bad. At least the genesis and snes made the game enjoyable and bug-free even though the arcade version was the real product.

You'd think a GBA would be able to handle a Genesis game.

Yes... if you used Dynarec. Anyway, since I was foreseeing this would happen, I'll just wait for a rom dump. It's a shame to see even fangamers can make better stuff than SEGA (and I'm talking about the Sonic 4 fangame for the GBA, wich actually has ported GHZ at fullspeed with decent sound).

Checked it, I went to *a site that has been edited out by ila* and they have a great line of roms especially GBA roms, but it wasn't there, I'll wait for it, although by that time my cousin should already own the game.

He's in for a rude awakening. He love's classics and hates it when they are remade into crap.

Well Sonic 4 isn't anything special, it would have been alot better if I could see where I was going, it still does a better job then this port.

Anyway Sonic Wildfire and Sonic the Hedgehog seem good so far, but I was never interested in this title to begin with anyway = )

Still makes me wonder how much time SEGA puts into working on a Sonic game. but hey, they've done these dodgy jobs before *coughGameGearPortscough* although that still doesn't excuse what they did to this game ;__;